FinalSun Problem (Tibsun.mix)

Guest Gametrickser

Guest Gametrickser

Hey,  :)

I have the following problem:  :(

When I start FinalSun is a message:

Tiberian Sun is not correctly installed (TibSun.mix could not be loaded)

More does not happen.  :O

I have searched lot but found nothing.  :huh:

P.s. I am using TheFirstDeacde and not the original Tiberian Sun CD

Excuse my English (Bing translator FTW) XD

FSP.PNG.06d28f8742db08cf5ce004c969d885d9.PNG

Guest Gametrickser

No, :O

The patch is cool but it is still the same problem. :D

The TFD shortcut installer does not work.

I have read times on the Internet that can be made also by FinalAlert...

Because FinalAlert works on my computer but I have not managed to open TiberianSun, but I think it will occur the same problem. :huh:

P.s. Best English DX

• 1 year later...

N...N...NECRO POST!...but I thought id bump this as this topic was indeed helpful to me (and wouldnt want this topic to somehow get lost to the sands of time and lost) and thought id say thanks for the patch. Im using the free install of Tib sun that EA released, and Final Sun stoped working after the first time i used it stating that Tib Sun wasnt installed correctly and couldnt find Tibsun.mix even though it was where the first time i used it

Anyway, only thing Id mention is if whoever made the patch could make a proper "install notification" window pop up that would be great, wasnt sure it opened correctly

Im using the free install of Tib sun that EA released, and Final Sun stoped working after the first time i used it stating that Tib Sun wasnt installed correctly and couldnt find Tibsun.mix even though it was where the first time i used it

Do not use the EA release. It has to be installed at the EXACT directory of C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun or else the registry entry (which is created with the tibsun_regadd.reg file provided in the release and to which FinalSun apparently tries to refer to) will lead to nothing. Use the version provided by CnC-Comm.

Well I re-installed TS and now it's working again after installing the patch you gave me.

But do I need to patch it with the unofficial TFD patch anymore?

I have also an offtopic question. Where do I get Final Alert 2? Because I don't seem to find it anywhere.

But do I need to patch it with the unofficial TFD patch anymore?

If you have RA2/YR and/or Generals/ZH installed, you should've first patched TFD with the 1.03 r4 patch and then TS/FS with Funky's patch. The TFD patch affects all installed games (but doesn't differentiate if you have TD installed or not for some reason), so the TS patch should come last.

I have also an offtopic question. Where do I get Final Alert 2? Because I don't seem to find it anywhere.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p8nlcvsicrsskzi/fa2yr102.exe

The unofficial patch renames files and makes the game incompatible to the vanilla TS (in other words, it is not compatible with my TS patch). If you want to apply the unofficial patch then you should copy your ts folder first to make sure it doesnt modify the TS files