CnCnet doesn't work?

Phazon Hunter

I downloaded Red Alert 1 including CnCnet (4 I think??) here: http://redalert1.com/#faq-cncnet-lan

It says it should work, but it doesn't. Can't find a FAQ list anywhere. I have no firewall up, and all it says is connecting in 3... 2... 1... and then go back to 3 again.

Any fixxes?

Also, what's with the weird question at the forum signup. How are you supposed to know that stuff about the tank if it's about a game you played 10 years ago that didn't even make it clear what the tank had for kind of guns? Rather silly.

You have to start it as admin (right click -> run as administrator) .. then click the "settings" button fast, now change "Executable" at the bottom to "ra95.exe"

lol .. you are right, i also complained about these weird questions .. they were added to stop bots from registering at the forums, but in reality it is stopping humans from registering at the forums cause they don't know the answer

Also, what's with the weird question at the forum signup. How are you supposed to know that stuff about the tank if it's about a game you played 10 years ago that didn't even make it clear what the tank had for kind of guns? Rather silly.

Really? You don't know which tank in C&C1 and RA1 is double-barreled and has twin rocket launchers? Are you kidding me? :huh: