Ant Mission Crash

ETPC

Hey y'all. I'm running into a recurring crash with v3.03p v214 installed ontop of TUC from Origin. When I beat the first Ant mission, the second never loads and it errors out with 'Unable to read scenario!'

What causes this? Is it a pathing issue? Can I fix it? I should note to that I accessed the Ant Missions by using the shortcut in the Red Alert Launcher that comes with PortableRA.

As funky said. You likely messed up your TUC RA1 by putting PortableRA files into. Use the PortableRA Full like you have and install it in any place (C:\ is fine). The install program will install it to what ever place you have the PortableRA setup.exe. So if you run the PortableRA setup.exe from your desktop it will install by defalt to your desktop.

I can confirm the error. Verison is 3.03P R214. My older 3.03P-I BATA2 is not effected by this error for this mission. I seen this one in the past with much older Iran patch for Allied 5B or Allied 5C and the exe wouldn't read the mission from any .mix file but would work if I put the mission in .ini fourm in the folder. HOWEVER this time placing the mission in the folder dosn't work.

This type error kept me way from the Iran patch. I hope this error isn't in the 3.03P-I BATA2 for any missions as I didn't do a check....

Try it with this EXE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21865790/ra95.exe

If that doesn't work it's the data files, if it does work it's the EXE.

Also make a savegame just before the mission ends, with that EXE. So I don't have to beat the mission myself. At the moment I'm experiencing the mouse issues with ra95 which makes it pretty hard to win the mission. :/ You can't use older EXEs (other than 3.03) cause I changed the savegame code and it's not compatible between 3.03p versions.

• 2 weeks later...

Off topic, but how do I go about importing changes to expansion missions (in particular, Aftermath) with the way MIX files are set up with PortableRA? XCC Mixer won't allow me to put files in MIX's within MIX's. Trying to change the amount of money you start with in Absolute M.A.D.Ness.

You use "XCC Mixer.exe" to take files out and use "XCC MIX Editor.exe" to put files into a .mix. XCC MIX Editor is simple for the most part. Click open and than navigate to the mix you want to put a file into. At the vary bottem it will say "open mix: done" . Once the mix is open click on Insert and navigate to the file you want to put a file into the mix.

Your newly inserted file will be shown at the bottem. You can drag and drop multiple file into XCC MIX Editor if needed. Once done hit "Save" and it the bottem it will say "save mix: done".

Are there any bugs with Absolute M.A.Dness? I'm having some strange errors like harvesters failing to collect ore and infiltrating the easternmost base dosen't reveal the Control Center despite getting a message to look for the the flares. Also, the changes I made to the mission (edited Greece so I start with more money to make it a bit easier) seem to not be taking effect.