DOS C&C Savegame decoding

Iran

Never heard of any such map editor. I've seen DOS savegame editors, and a DOS scenario editor which used its own data file which you needed to explicitly extract the ini and bin from with additional tools, but I've never seen a map editor that can open SAV files.

And I collect old C&C tools, so I doubt I'd have missed it. There aren't THAT many map editors.

I added a hotkey to generate a map file from the map/mission you're currently playing, with everything in/on the map like units and triggers. It's for RA95. It was simple to do and someone who has the ability to patch DOS C&C1 should contact me, so we can extract the mission from the savegame.

Otherwise it should be possible to extract the map file by running a decoder for the algorithmn used to encode the map files and other stuff, but I don't know the aglorthm used. I do know the name of the class/functions responsible for encoding/decoding.

Problem with DOS C&C remains that you need a place to dump the new code... then again, for that purpose, I doubt anyone would care if something like the LAN lobby UI code in the game was removed.

Biggest problem with DOS C&C is that when I last messed with it, the game mysteriously locked up on some simple edits, while others worked perfectly.

Interesting... How did you got the triggers from the game? I know that the binary is in some sort of a array ingame. Loading an map and scanning the memory confirms that. But I can't look into it because i'm busy with something else, and I probably won't until January

As for implementing in DOS C&C: Dunno.

When it reads everything from the map it loads it in memory. Every function to read part of the map file (say the [Trigs] section) has an equivalent function to write the triggers in memory back into a map file. It's for the built-in map editor they used.

Here's the code I'm using, there's loading an INI file, writing [basic] section keywords manually, calling functions to write back every other part of the map back into the loaded INI and saving the INI:

https://github.com/cnc-patch/ra303p/blob/master/src/map_snapshot.asm

Every cell of the map is part of the CellClass array inside MapClass.