Advanced guard tower in RA1

Jumping_boy

There are some suggestions I can make

1. Tanks Tanks Tanks Tanks

2. Play Soviets

3. Go to rules.ini and change the properties of one of the defensive structures (probably camo pillbox, it has to be an existing building sized 1x1 too), then use xcc mixer to paste the Building, Buildup animation and Icon into the appropriate mix file in your RA directory (I forget which). Remember that if you take from tiberian dawn folder you need to convert pallets and colour stuff, or take it from somewhere already converted (cough *red dawn* cough*).

I'm guessing you want #3 but you can probably see thats a bit complicated.

3. Go to rules.ini and change the properties of one of the defensive structures (probably camo pillbox, it has to be an existing building sized 1x1 too)

The AGT isn't 1x1. It's 1x2 with the top cell open, like the tesla coil.

Jumping_boy: Either you steal the Tesla for it, but I suppose that defeats the point... only other viable foundations would be the GAP generator or the AA gun, but the former would create gap fields, and the latter isn't manually targetable...

You will need to use the Red Dawn 2012 as the new 2013 won't work with stock RA1 with out a pallet conversion.

lol. Why did you do that anyway? Changing the input remap colour?

Yes I changed the remap colour from gold to blue. This also changes the Allied blue to GDI gold. It was much less work than re-doing and testing every mission just to change the colors of the Allies to GDI.  I also cut the Adv Guard Tower to a 1x1 by cutting the top off. I didn't want to lose the Gap Gen and the player can't manually target AA Gun to fire at any thing.

There are some suggestions I can make

1. Tanks Tanks Tanks Tanks

2. Play Soviets

3. Go to rules.ini and change the properties of one of the defensive structures (probably camo pillbox, it has to be an existing building sized 1x1 too), then use xcc mixer to paste the Building, Buildup animation and Icon into the appropriate mix file in your RA directory (I forget which). Remember that if you take from tiberian dawn folder you need to convert pallets and colour stuff, or take it from somewhere already converted (cough *red dawn* cough*).

I'm guessing you want #3 but you can probably see thats a bit complicated.

Well reg. pillbox is kinda garbage, camo is way better.