Tiberian Sun Ladder Ranking CNCNET5

Finecigar

Hi everyone, my name is Dan.

Being an avid TS player for many years, i have enjoyed reading over the potential of CNCNET5 and the effort of the developers.

I am curious as are other players as to if/when a functional ranking system will be developed and in place on the CNCNET5 server?

Cheers

Dan

• 1 month later...

Yes, this forum needs more conflicts between members, everyone's too nice here, it's really weird. :D

But jokes aside, a ladder would be nice. Yes you will see a lot more arguments and a lot more cursing in the forum (which is normal in any multiplayer-game forum), but once you get used to it, it's actually a good thing. A ladder will make matches more competitive (and hence more fun), encourage people to make "I'm better than you" posts, which are always entertaining, and most importantly, it'll generate more activity due to people wanting to play as many games as possible to achieve higher ranks.

Just keep in mind that once the ladder is up and running, the workload for admins and mods will significantly increase due to hacks, exploits, cheats, analysing cheat/bug abuse reports, *banning, re-banning... and so on.

But that said, I think the good things significantly outway the bad.

*Since these games are all free, with the exception of RA2, banning could be a problem as the offenders can easily make new accounts, and IP-banning does not work. Just something to think about in advance.

• Upvote 1

The graphics that dont cause crashing should be enabled again if possible like animating conyard.

I would like to help moderate Tiberian Sun if possible if only to protect it from the XWIS staff who will try to come here and harass its players.

i think the graphics settings are just set to low (forced) at the moment, does that change the conyard animation ? Dunno if we need moderators atm, everything seems to run smooth the way it is

just dont let sean3z have any power here. the guy stalks me and harasses me.

i think the graphics settings are just set to low (forced) at the moment, does that change the conyard animation ? Dunno if we need moderators atm, everything seems to run smooth the way it is

just dont let sean3z have any power here. the guy stalks me and harasses me.

no one will harass you here, dont worry :D

btw, i seen your cncnet promo video and the problems you had downloading the files, i didnt knew about that problems yet but it should be fixed now.

There is now a US mirror on the site and the updater is using the fastest possible server automatically