Mutants vs. Militia...How?

Commander A9

Hey, dudes.

Simply put: I've got a skirmish map for Tiberian Sun. Civilian militia in the center in a small well-fortified base with vehicles and infantry. I've got mutants in small clusters surrounding said militia base.

Now, how can I make the militia and the mutants hostile to each other?

I'm not looking for any NPCs to move and attack each other (though that might be interesting)...I just want them to shoot each other (and the players) if anyone crosses paths.

The map in its current working state is attached.

I have experience with FinalSun as well as Starcraft campaign editors.

urban_brawl.rar

Not sure this is working...

I found the "House" controls and set up a "Mutants" house, but it says "if this is a multiplayer map, don't create any new houses here!" Ignoring this, after creating the standard and "Mutant" houses, I got the error upon saving "This is a multiplayer map with houses."

Upon loading the map, it instantly crashed...

I am trying to create a multiplayer skirmish map with 2 hostile neutral sides; civilians and mutants...not sure this can be done...

Well, creating a unit under the "Special" owner causes it to become friendly to the player, and thus, it cannot be automatically shot. Likewise, it doesn't become hostile to any other unit on the battlefield.

Using "JP" automatically reverts the unit ownership to Nod. If that happens, any Nod computers or players will be able to control the unit.

As a neutral, both the Mutants and Civilians will attack the player, but not each other if placed within close proximity...

I think there might be something I can do with triggers and groups though...like how traffic moves...

But I gotta say, coming up with the mechanism to make a single unit assume a patrol path (after examining the Cityscape map to see how it's done), the process is long and a serious pain in the ass...kind of reminds me how the Starcraft Campaign Editor worked...

Well, creating a unit under the "Special" owner causes it to become friendly to the player, and thus, it cannot be automatically shot. Likewise, it doesn't become hostile to any other unit on the battlefield.

Umm... that's what the house alliance settings are for...

Using "JP" automatically reverts the unit ownership to Nod. If that happens, any Nod computers or players will be able to control the unit.

Wait, what? That makes no sense; JP -IS- House Special O_o

As a neutral, both the Mutants and Civilians will attack the player, but not each other if placed within close proximity...

Again, that's what the house alliance settings should change.

Anyway, my advice... see how they do these things in the official missions. It's bound to have civilians hostile to mutants somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

That's the thing...

It's not a single-player map.

It's a multiplayer map.

And from what I've been seeing, I don't think it can be done, but if someone has figured something out, I'd love to know...

Although that one mission in Firestorm, GDI side; dispatch to stop a riot between mutants and civilians...now...how to open that map up...

• 3 months later...