Red Alert Strongest Demolition

PsygX

Wiki-wordmark.png

Hi guys, I'm new in here. This site looks great to me so I want to present my mod. Its good know there is still ra players.

Red Alert Strongest Demolition

As a Wot (World of Tanks) player, I want it to make tanks similar to the wot, so I modded of tanks's guns,gun sounds, crew sounds, gameplay (rules.ini actually). Unfortunately Im not able to make new tank graphics so I taken unit graphics from other sites.

Im not a professional programmer or modder (Im not sure definition modder is exist, sorry for my bad English), but I think I made it something good and I want to you guys review/test my new mod. I hope you guys like it.

Some info about my mod from my wikia

Strongest Demolition is about battle between Nazi and USSR. It doesn't have specific story. This mod is only for skirmish but campaign may playable.

It has some German & Russian tanks from between years of 1940 - 1980. It has variety of units like medium tank(s) ,

heavy tank(s) , sfg , missile launcher , tank destroyers and scouts. Gameplay went more realistic. Sound effects are changed with new ones.

This version contains :

*Red Alert

*Counterstrike Add-on

*Aftermath Add-on

*Some fan-made missions and skirmish maps

*Strongest Demolition Mod

*Red Alert Map Editor (EDWIN)

*C&C Red Alert Scenario Editor Lite

My wikia for more details : http://ra-strongest-demolition.wikia.com/

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xh57r0frue1bamd/ra-strongest-demolition-setup.exe v1.1 (Mediafire) (20-09-2014)

Size : 95.4 MB

File Name : ra-strongest-demolition-setup.exe

Version : 1.1 (First Release)

CRC32 : 723825F5

CRC64 : B8DC2F5F3C037413

Update for Full Version

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ljkjmrd67f8hw7o/rasd-patch12.exe (Mediafire) (27-09-2014)

Size : 14.3 MB

File Name : rasd-patch12.exe

Version : 1.2

CRC32 : A2D5DC4A

CRC64 : 443607222F2E5813

Also there is Lite version. It contains only Strongest Demolition modded game.

Strongest Demolition Download (Lite Version) (This version will updated completely)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9038y9lq11vkela/Red+Alert+Strongest+Demolition+Lite+v12.7z (27-09-2014)

Size : 27.6 MB

File Name : Red Alert Strongest Demolition Lite v12.7z

Version : 1.2

CRC32 : 79263617

CRC64 : 53B5D46B4235637F

Gameplay video added : Red Alert Strongest Demolition Skirmish Gameplay - German (Allies)

For jungle tileset you need the latest ra95.exe.

Iran still hasn't updated his page with the most actual version of 303p, but look Post#559 on this thread:

http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/17482-portablera-beta/page-28

I'll take a look into your mod, looks cool.

Well I check the topic you sent me, I downloaded the latest PortableRA and extracted jungle.mix and ra95.exe, converted my map to(same map on my youtube gameplay video) Jungle tileset and it worked ! Thank you so much. Jungle looks cool by the way, it gives you feel like a night time. And also appreciated for trying my mod :) Im trying to do my best but I wish I can make new tanks similar to the tanks from World of Tanks (or Real) :/

Btw, there is a bug about powerplant. I made powerplant useless because when ai builds a powerplant and after 1 sec it sells that powerplant for some reason. Then ai gets weak and game become easy (ai cant build tanks, just infantry). Anyway, next update, ?m think to buff the infantries, I didnt touch them except Rocket soldier and I was also added Elite commando with a pump action shotgun. I think its nice.

Um, why do you use the The Red Alert logo by CnCLabs?

Im waiting for answer for this topic, checking this site every day and that is your answer ? Seriously ? That logo is official of westwood / ea and there is only "the" there and thats it. That is not a copyrighted thing of cnclabs and it couldn't be. I did even notice later by the way and I didn't think thats going to be a problem. If there is a serious problem about it then Im requesting to admins for deleting of this topic.

Can't believe it. Im making mod for fun, for hobby, not getting profit on this and its just a fan made mod thats it. Working for days on it, waiting for days to get reply and this happens. Great. First I thougt that there is so much people making great mods in here maybe they can help me about improving my mod but looks like thats not going to be happen. I'll try to remove "the" from that logo later.

Im waiting for answer for this topic, checking this site every day and that is your answer ? Seriously ? That logo is official of westwood / ea and there is only "the" there and thats it.

If it were the real Westwood RA logo, I wouldn't have made that remark, because that'd be tolerable.

I know from experience that anything that has assets from a different mod that is not authorised for use by its author (or noted as free-to-use by the author on sites like YRArg, PPM or RA-Archive) is questioned by the modding community. Using a single unit from someone else without asking got so many mods nuked without the viewers even bothering to check out the rest of it (though many of them were meant to steal, but that's another story). Ask any experienced modder.

That is not a copyrighted thing of cnclabs and it couldn't be.

The original RA logo isn't problematic. The TRA logo is. Using a logo or an unreleased asset of, say, Twisted Insurrection would get you in even bigger trouble.

If there is a serious problem about it then Im requesting to admins for deleting of this topic.

You wouldn't need to.

Can't believe it. Im making mod for fun, for hobby, not getting profit on this and its just a fan made mod thats it.

Nobody makes mods for profit, that's true, but asset "borrowing" isn't quite praised in the C&C community.

I'm not saying your mod is bad, but anyone who'd stumble upon it could express lack of interest for the reasons I've described to you.

The logo of "The Red Alert" is a recreation of the original Red Alert logo by "CnCLabs". I'd advise you to change your logo and use the original RA logo or a recreation of your own. Using The Red Alert's logo might indicate that your mod is a mod of The Red Alert (a RA3 mod) and not the original Red Alert.

Otherwise there is no problem.

Im waiting for answer for this topic, checking this site every day and that is your answer ? Seriously ? That logo is official of westwood / ea and there is only "the" there and thats it.

If it were the real Westwood RA logo, I wouldn't have made that remark, because that'd be tolerable.

I know from experience that anything that has assets from a different mod that is not authorised for use by its author (or noted as free-to-use by the author on sites like YRArg, PPM or RA-Archive) is questioned by the modding community. Using a single unit from someone else without asking got so many mods nuked without the viewers even bothering to check out the rest of it (though many of them were meant to steal, but that's another story). Ask any experienced modder.

That is not a copyrighted thing of cnclabs and it couldn't be.

The original RA logo isn't problematic. The TRA logo is. Using a logo or an unreleased asset of, say, Twisted Insurrection would get you in even bigger trouble.

If there is a serious problem about it then Im requesting to admins for deleting of this topic.

You wouldn't need to.

Can't believe it. Im making mod for fun, for hobby, not getting profit on this and its just a fan made mod thats it.

Nobody makes mods for profit, that's true, but asset "borrowing" isn't quite praised in the C&C community.

I'm not saying your mod is bad, but anyone who'd stumble upon it could express lack of interest for the reasons I've described to you.

Firstly sorry my English is not good. Well I'm going to change logo later. And the units, I got the units texture from ra.afraid.org and I never said they are my own things and I also wrote info about copyrights and where did I get units / sounds etc. Is that also a problem ? If it is then Im going to delete my mod from internet then.

the units texture? You mean the palette.cps mod for the green colours? You should really adapt the palette of your main menu image to properly show these colours in the LAN lobby...

Hmm. I was there when that colours mod was first posted... can't quite remember who made it though. Just wondering... where exactly on the ra.afraid.org site did you find that?

the units texture? You mean the palette.cps mod for the green colours? You should really adapt the palette of your main menu image to properly show these colours in the LAN lobby...

Hmm. I was there when that colours mod was first posted... can't quite remember who made it though. Just wondering... where exactly on the ra.afraid.org site did you find that?

When I said texture I ment units itself (sorry about that) I got units from http://ra.afraid.org/html/downloads/units.html (but not sure which one is it but only I remember that is one of them contains sc-units.mix) from here long ago (3-4 years ago I guess). I made some of the team color myself and I got one or two color from here (one of them is army green and the other one I guess it was brown); someone want to get help about palette.cps and another one replied how to change team colors and was shared some examples like army green.

"You should really adapt the palette of your main menu image to properly show these colours in the LAN lobby"

I tried to fix this but I didn't made it. Can you help me about this ?

Well, the easiest way is to simply dump a screenshot of the LAN lobby with cnc-ddraw's ctrl+s function to find out which colour index on the title image's palette to change. Of course, after that you still need to make sure the actual image isn't messed up by this colour change.

By the way... I'm not so sure Wikia appreciates you using it for website purposes. That's really just a homepage for the mod, and not a wiki. There's no info on the actual mod units or anything.

Well, the easiest way is to simply dump a screenshot of the LAN lobby with cnc-ddraw's ctrl+s function to find out which colour index on the title image's palette to change. Of course, after that you still need to make sure the actual image isn't messed up by this colour change.

By the way... I'm not so sure Wikia appreciates you using it for website purposes. That's really just a homepage for the mod, and not a wiki. There's no info on the actual mod units or anything.

Ok I think I got it (not sure because of my English) but I'll try. By the way first time Im using wikia and yes for now its just a homepage for mod. Im thinking about what should I wrote to my site for now. As you can see there is only 2 pages on my wikia. I'll try to improve my website and that will be no problem. Thank you for your advice.