C&C Reloaded CnCNet Problems

triggahappy64

Question

Hi all,

I'm trying to play C&C reloaded with my friend through CnCNet.  We can never see each other in the lan lobby, and it always tells me that irc.cncnet.org is down when it works for him.  We both forwarded our 8054 UDP ports, but when we check the peer to peer setting, it asks us if we forwarded them.  I tried downloading the CnCNet Tunnel host and we tried using my actual IP to connect to it as the host, not my local IP, and then 8054 as the port.  It launched immediately for me but it wouldn't launch for him.  We also couldn't get any of the servers listed at http://cncnet.org/network-status to work either.  I tried putting the IP as the host and the port (what's after the :) as the port.  I've hosted servers in other games and tried a lot of stuff.  We even tried using hamachi, but it won't seem to work with C&C reloaded.  I don't know if CnCNet conflicts with that, but even if we choose to disable CnCNet we still can't see each other in the LAN lobby.  Hamachi works for the other C&C games and the base RA2/YR game.  Anyone else having trouble getting CnCNet to work with C&C Reloaded?

9 answers to this question

C&C Reloaded is a RA2/YR mod and RA2/YR is currently only supported by CnCNet 4 (CnCNet 5 support is slowly coming along). Custom tunnel servers are only available with CnCNet 5.

Have you tried running CnCNet 4 in tunneled mode? If you want P2P mode have you forwarded port 8054 UDP on both the router and PC firewall? Are you trying to simply play a LAN game (you are both in the same house) or play through the Internet?

The network status is: http://cncnet.org/network-status-4

Thanks for the reply Tore.

I didn't know RA2/YR wasn't supported yet.  Although, I am using whatever CnCNet that came with Reloaded.  Is there something I need to change in the settings?  Like when I launch Reloaded, it automatically launches CnCNet and connects, but I have a few seconds to edit the settings (Which I've tried editing to a lot of different things).  What should these settings be on?  Or do I need to download CnCNet 4 from somewhere external and not use the one that comes with Reloaded?

I haven't really ever dealt with CnCNet before this, I've always loved command and conquer since C&C95 but I just recently reinstalled the games and found out about CnCNet.  I'm not sure what exactly I'm supposed to be doing with it.  It automatically worked with Twisted Insurrection and Dawn of the Tiberian Age.  I couldn't really find any guides that helped with my exact problem on how to use it or why it isn't working.

Thanks,

Triggahappy64

I left the settings as they were, and it's on server.cncnet.org with port 9001.  We did forward our ports for 8054 UDP and it did tell us when we hit Retest that "CnCNet has detected that you have faster peer-to-peer connection working", etc.  We tried it again with peer to peer checked and without it checked.  We still couldn't see each other in the LAN/CnCNet lobby.  The executable that is automatically chosen for game settings is ares_debug.bat and the command line args are -LAN.  Finally, just to make sure we're up to date with the latest version of CnCNet 4, the bottom left hand corner says "CnCNet 4.0 git~c37eecd".

Like I said, I know CnCNet works with the other games (Twisted Insurrection, DTA) with no problems.  This game just seems to want to fight me.

I'd like to open up the disscussions about cnc reloaded, I just watched a youtube vid today about it, and love this mod omg!! i'm trying to install it, but it seems like the cncnet version on it is outdated now. there hasnt been any updates by FS-21 for a year it seems. Would there be a way for myself to update the cncnet inside of this mod?  No idea how or what to do...