The Covert Operations...

Lord_Dweedle

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And flamethrower vs rocket launcher, guess who wins that one.

That depends purely on the distance and the amount of infantry. A single rocket launcher vs a single approaching flamethrower results in one dead flamethrower, but if it manages to get close the launcher gets it.

8b is the protect Mobius and the civivs. It's hard because they run into the tiberium and then you instantly lose -.- So you have to make walls around them.

You get an MCV though, and that makes life quite a bit easier.  But 2 small Nod bases, and all the SAMs are in the bases. So no airstrikes, really.

Speaking of certain maps; Hey Nyer, what's with scg05ea and scg05wa? they're almost the same map... and with scg05eb and scg05wb, that makes 4 maps for that location.

-Liam

Rocket Launchers are the GDI equivalent to Nod's Artillery. I Really can't understead why they made Adv. Comm. Center required to build them.

GDI 8B is really easy if you use your rocket launchers to take down the air Nod reinforcements. You can destroy one Civilian Building to deploy a refinery there, As far I remember.

Well, rocket launchers are pretty inaccurate.

But they have insane splash damage, and usually one-hit kill infantry.

Speaking of certain maps; Hey Nyer, what's with scg05ea and scg05wa? they're almost the same map... and with scg05eb and scg05wb, that makes 4 maps for that location.

It's a long and complicated issue, which I already described in full on my own forum:

http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/18800-selecting-gdi-mission-5-bug/

I'm slightly confused still. There's only 2 selections from the mission

The GDI campaign splits up at mission 4, into a completely separate East and West part. If you choose Poland (west side of the map) in mission 4, then your mission selection for mission 5 will only show the west ones, in Germany. If you choose Belarus (east) for mission 4, then your mission 5 choices will ail be in Ukraine. The campaign then converges again on mission 6, the commando mission, in the Czech republic.

It's the Ukraine choices which don't work, and always gave the same mission, which was a duplicate of one of the Germany ones. Since I haven't figured out how to actually fix the bug, my patch simply switched the mission files of Ukraine's A and B missions, to give you the completely new mission that was previously hidden by the bug. This means all three available choices in the two branches are now actually different missions, and the one that's inaccessible due to the bug is just the duplicate of the four.

More info on the map choices can be found on these pics:

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstuff/mappics/campaign-data/gdi/

Look through the pics scg04ea.png / scg04wa.png / scg04wb.png / scg05ea.png / scg05eb.png / scg05wa.png / scg05wb.png and you'll see what I mean. The suffix [E]a/b <-> [W]a/b indicates East and West on the map. Only the GDI campaign uses the W suffix letter, because of that split.