The Covert Operations...

Lord_Dweedle

Oh gods. Yes. That mission is horrible! :laugh:

Though, if you handle it well, you can take over the whole Nod base :P

One I found really really tough is the Nod one where you have to recapture the stealth tech. One of the two variants of that is rather easy because you can uncover your construction yard from the north, but the other one... good gods that's tough. You need to get through a narrow corridor to the base, take out two guard towers with bazookas, and rush everything in, and time is so neither the harvester nor the gunboat mess it all up. And during all that you also need to manage your southern troops across the river so they don't die while you're doing all that  O_o

You can use the south artillery to easily destroy the guard towers. That's not a really hard mission, just build a obelisk there and you are fine.

But I have to agree that Nod Mission 7C (Capture the Orca) is one of the hardest mission in this game. You have to use the light tank to tank (meh) the guard tower and use the bazookas + flame units to destroy it. But it's fun to capture the entire GDI Base.

As for Nod 6 (The engineer one), it's a real challenger to capture the entire GDI Base. You have to get rid of that barracks somehow.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, either would work. To be honest, once your at that part, you've done all the main task of taking out the enemy units anway.

Oh hey, did you know that on the stnk mission, the Tech Center IS a prerequisite for the stnk itself (one time I lost the center before making the air strip and then I couldn't make stnk).

-Liam

Just reading through this now (had been away from the PC for bit)  but I have good news!

I finally finished all the covert ops! :D

And I want to say on Nod Death Squad.. that mission was definitely one of the harder ones.  I also found The Tiberium Strain quite tricky.  Infact.. Nod Missions in general I found to be the most challenging in both normal Campaign and the expansion.  Why is that I wonder?  Anyone else notice this?

Really, I find the Nod campaign MUCH easier than GDI. The whole 'funding cuts'; you don't get a con yard thing makes it bloody hard.

In most Nod missions you can just make a big base, build a nice array of units and play hide and seek with the computer, luring it into traps and then finally crushing it.

Maybe for CO missions, yeah, Nod ones are probably harder.

-Liam

Really, I find the Nod campaign MUCH easier than GDI. The whole 'funding cuts'; you don't get a con yard thing makes it bloody hard.

I loved those sorts of missions, particularly the one where you have a bunch of damaged units and a repair bay, that was a personal favourite.

In most Nod missions you can just make a big base, build a nice array of units and play hide and seek with the computer, luring it into traps and then finally crushing it.

Maybe for CO missions, yeah, Nod ones are probably harder.

Some of the Nod scenarios (particularly when you didn't have a base) were pretty tough imo. Other than maybe one GDI mission I thought a few of the Nod missions were really really hard (and yes the covert ops Nod missions are pretty difficult)

I loved those sorts of missions, particularly the one where you have a bunch of damaged units and a repair bay, that was a personal favourite.

That is GDI 8A. One of the two Campaign maps that are winter. Karpet re-made the map for Red Dawn I had to code the AI and test it.

Ah, yes. I know the mission you're talking about.

You travel around and take out the surrounding SAMs and then deal the kill blow.

You get no weapons factory and only 1 barracks. 1 Harv the rep pad.

It is a cool mission, actually, but it is quite hard if you don't know exactly how to do it. Even simple things like; after you've taken out the SAMs and you go for the big attack, using the hummers/APC to snipe inc flamer troops before they mess up all your troops, and then making sure your troops don't go near the Hand of Nod in case they make a flamer man.

-Liam

I rushed an APC group into their base, took control of their con yard, and then chipped away at their base. Sold their airfield and Hand of Nod so they stopped making DAMN FLAMERS. I never really tried 8B, maybe that's a good thing.

Rocket Launcher is underpowered, I noticed that in 8A.