Red Alert 1 Building Order First 10

bmoeller

What have you found to be the best building order when playing red alet 1? I wonder often about what the first 10 things are that people build.

1. Power Plant

2. Power Plant

3. Barracks

4 Ore Refinery

5. War Factory

6. War Factory

7. War Factory

8. Service Depo Then 3 MVCs

9.Ore refinery

10. Advanced Power Plant then radar dome.

What i build after that just depends on what the opponent is building.

I look forward in seeing some other folks building strategies

The order is different on each type of map, here are some examples for tankers:

Infinite ore:

Power

Barracks

Refinery

War Factory

War Factory

Advanced Power

War Factory

War Factory

War Factory

War Factory

War Factory (Only Soviets needs 7 Wars, Allies stop at 6)

Refinery

Depot

Gem Money Maps

Power

Barracks

Refinery

War Factory

War Factory

Advanced Power

War Factory

Refinery

War Factory

Refinery

War Factory

Advanced Power

Refinery

War Factory

Refinery

War Factory (Only Soviets needs 7 Wars, Allies stop at 6)

Refinery

depot

Standard Map:

Power

Barracks

Refinery

War Factory

War Factory

Refinery

Advanced Power

Refinery

Refinery

Refinery

War Factory

(More Refineries... Depends on the size of the map)

What have you found to be the best building order when playing red alet 1? I wonder often about what the first 10 things are that people build.

1. Power Plant

2. Power Plant

3. Barracks

4. ...

I don't think it's a good idea to memorize or even wonder about your 'first 10' buildings. Also, you'll never need to build 2 Power Plants straight off the bat; it's a waste of time and money and you'll be a few steps behind your opponent. After you've built these 4 buildings:

Power -> Barracks -> Refinery -> War Factory

...from this point onwards, the rest of your build order depends on a lot of things. For example

-if you plan to spam infantry, make more barracks.

-if you plan to spam tanks, make more war factories.

-if your money is running low, make more refineries.

-if you want to tech-up, you'll probably need some defensive structures to defend with while teching-up.

-if you've just lost a harvester but you don't want to stop your tank production, build another refinery.

-if air support is the best way to assist your ally, make an air field.

-if...

In short, after the first 4 buildings, the rest of your build depends on...

1. what you plan to do

2. what your opponent is doing

3. what your ally needs

...basically how the game plays out.

NOTE: This^ info does not apply to infinite ore maps.

I would have to disagree fir3w0rx with 2 power plants off the bat being a waste of time in my situation because there's going to be a lot of fast building in the next few minutes and im not down with low power and with my building order this will happen. And for building the same 10 buildings everytime has nothing to do with what your Allie is doing or enemy or what your plan of attack is because at this point in the game you have to figure out a way to produce the most of whatever your going to need the fastest. The 10 i have listed is the fastest way i have found to start a base thats going to grow extremely fast and be able to protect itself at the start .

So i think its a great idea to memorize a building order of first 10 plus base items if you want to be efficient. Anyone that has been playing this game for a long time and is a decent player will tell you the same.

Note:This is my order for an infinite ore map.  I would have to agree with FUNKYFR3SH building order on the other kind of maps for the better part

I would have to disagree fir3w0rx with 2 power plants off the bat being a waste of time in my situation because there's going to be a lot of fast building in the next few minutes and im not down with low power and with my building order this will happen. And for building the same 10 buildings everytime has nothing to do with what your Allie is doing or enemy or what your plan of attack is because at this point in the game you have to figure out a way to produce the most of whatever your going to need the fastest. The 10 i have listed is the fastest way i have found to start a base thats going to grow extremely fast and be able to protect itself at the start .

So i think its a great idea to memorize a building order of first 10 plus base items if you want to be efficient. Anyone that has been playing this game for a long time and is a decent player will tell you the same.

NOTE: This^ info does not apply to infinite ore maps.

On second thoughts, come to think of it, even on infinite ore maps, I don't think it's wise to make 2 power plants first. Not to be a smart ass, but can other players please say which one of us^ is correct? Because I prefer knowing when I'm wrong asap so that I can stop wasting my time doing the wrong thing! :P

Power -> Barracks -> Refinery -> War Factory after that most people will build another war factory resulting in low power.  So i guess you could go Power -> Barracks -> Refinery ->Powerplant and then so on... Also keep in mind that the easiest building to rush and destroy with a few soldiers right off the bat is the small power plant and with your only plant down your put in one hell of a pickle.

To each its own. I don't think there's a right or wrong here, but building 2 small plants from the start works for me.

• 2 weeks later...