Is it possible to disable the screen shaking in explosions in Red Alert 1

ady

Hey guys,

Does anybody know if it's possible to disable the screen shaking, for example when a mammoth tank or a atom bomb explodes ?

This is bugging me, because if you try to make a custom video / record footage of an epic battle, the explosions are like a millisecond  lag.

All that screen shaking is annoying.

There has to be a ini right ? or is an in-game build function ? that cannot be overwritten by ini or map editing ?

• 1 year later...

In skirmish you can enable/disable it, but if you were talking about the single player campaign then no, there is no option for it atm

I do not understand. Iran did in fact disable option tesla zap effect and screenshake when creating portableRA. I thought he meant, and single and online.

It is sad. The single is annoying screen shake. If you manage to do such a thing online whether it is possible in a single player? Have you thought about this?

I patched it quick to disable it, you can download it below.

There is no option to turn it on again, so better make a backup of your old file

ra95.zip

There is no option to turn it on again, so better make a backup of your old file

Nice.

You can also turn off the delay effect tesla in this file, please?

For example, build a 3 or 4 Tesla coil and when they shoot, there is a lag. This is a slideshow of some sort. When I was young I thought that my PC is too weak, but I was wrong.

It is sad. The single is annoying screen shake. If you manage to do such a thing online whether it is possible in a single player? Have you thought about this?

When scrolling occurs this bug. And it is only in this executable file. Sad.

zor34KE.jpg

zor34KE.jpg

This bug happens when you have some mod units activated in the map or rules.ini but there is no matching sidebar graphic available for it

zor34KE.jpg

Very interesting.

This bug exists in the assembly on the site. https://downloads.cncnet.org/RA1installer.exe

However, in another assembly of this bug no. http://iran.cnc-comm.com/ra/

I wonder why.

It's because you are playing a mod map or use a mod rules.ini. This bug doesn't happen in official maps.

What you see there could be ants or something else that wasn't meant to be buildable. Iran included custom graphics for ants and other things. CnCNet is also shipped with custom graphics, I guess you are playing without CnCNet there?

It's because you are playing a mod map or use a mod rules.ini. This bug doesn't happen in official maps.

What you see there could be ants or something else that wasn't meant to be buildable. Iran included custom graphics for ants and other things. CnCNet is also shipped with custom graphics, I guess you are playing without CnCNet there?

I installed build games that I downloaded from here. https://downloads.cncnet.org/RA1installer.exe

I do not do any modding. If you play skirmish in the base game this bug exists.

Bug does not exist if you play skirmish through cncnet.

I just do not understand.

• 4 weeks later...