Waveclass errors

sterps

Hi guys, first of all, i'm loving all the work being done on CnCnet and also Tiberian Dawn, Red Alert 1 and Tiberian Sun.

Thanks to you guys, tiberian sun runs fast, smooth and scrolls smoothly.

I've got two issues with it though.

1) When select save games in the 'load game menu' it appears delay highlighting the save game you clicked on.

anyone else seen this?

2) Also, waveclass errors. Have these ever been fixed?

I know funkyfresh's new patch includes hypers fix, but that was only for disrupters, i still get them with lasers.

Will this cause compatibility issues when playing online?

EDIT: all that appears to do, is remove the laser and disrupter effects that cause the issue, so it's more of a workaround than a fix

I find that i don't get waveclass errors after a fresh reinstall, but as soon as i introduce ddraw.dll to the sun folder, i start getting them.

Ddraw is needed however to solve slow/lag issues when playing, and invisible menus..

Thanks Frodo.  I was just reading this and was going to make those files available here also instead of just in my teamspeak server but you beat me to it while I registered for the forums and finished up the TS games.

The two files Frodo posted that I offer is NOT a workaround but a fix.  I have been using them for years and do NOT get wave class errors (also known as internal errors).

If you are unsure about it working online (which it always has for me since  XWIS and now to CnCnet) then make sure to rename your current game.exe file to "gameOLD.exe" and cut it to save it somewhere else so you can always revert back.

Just make sure to download the file that you need, whether you play with the CD or not depends on which one you need.

Hope all enjoy Tiberian Sun without internal errors.

Ok this works for me, but the game runs really slow, at which point i introduce ddraw.dll. Then the waveclass errors come back.

This just the same as when i reinstall the game, no waveclass errors, but the game runs really slow.

introduce ddraw and game runs very nice and smoothly, but is plagued with waveclass errors.

We are using CCHyper's fix (we use his HyperPatch executable as base for our own patches) but even though the readme states it fixes the WaveClass errors, they still seem to happen.

One workaround has been to disable the comple drawing of WaveClass drawing, but I guess that's not desirable. Setting detail level to the lowest setting doesn't seem to work.

It's very frustrating because I don't think there's a fix without side-effects.

At the moment, the best fix seems to be, windows 8 fix which includes ddraw, libwine and wined3d files, and also applying CCHyper's executable fix. Then setting visual settings to medium.

The only issue i have now, is when i save a single player game, after it's saved, the game returns to the menu, but the menu is invisible, but there... quite annoying.

I've tried your patch ( nice work) i do like it, and for the most part it fixes most issues, however i seem to still get inivisible menu issues still when playing via cncnet.

Still the best results for me are Hyper patch and  windows 8 fix

That is very strange, it should work perfectly on cncnet too. Do you also have the same problems in singleplayer with the in game menus? Maybe the fix is not applied properly for cncnet for any reason. Are you sure there are no ddraw.dll files in your folder? Do you use the same installation for cncnet and offline?

I have tiberian sun and firestorm installed from the first decade. So i use game.exe for singleplayer. I didn't have the same issues with game.exe as i did with ts-spawn.exe (cncnet). There is the chance ddraw could've been in there, but when you change the gfx settings in the launcher one is generated.

• 1 month later...