Working To Bring CNCGamer Back

Guest Stefor

I am working with the owner of CNCGamer.com to bring it back.CNCGamer.com was the main website for Tiberian Sun back in the day. It will be coming back. We have been discussing the software and domain. He suggested possibly TibSun.com or TempleOfNod2.com but we will probably just stick to CNCGamer.com. We are currently open to donationsif for paid software like Invision and xenforo. We will probably go with mybb or smf for now. We will host exclusively C&C content and he has suggested Petroglyph's new title Grey Goo. The site however will mainly focus on downloads for TS, the servers the game is hosted on, recordings of the game, etc. We hope to have many rankings like on cncgamer such has tournamen, graphics staff etc. More to come in the future. Any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated since this is early stages.

No Ads if you actually go ahead with your idea please.

Why the need for cncgamer? all the content, discussions, recordings, leaderboard and statistics etc etc everything can be done/discussed here. I think it will just cause fragmentation of content and data. Possibly as I have heard ...idiotic rivalries on the net, causing people to get hacked etc and who knows might even harm the server here...

This Stefor imposter, is none other than Chris Frietag (Electrocaseal or whatever he's calling himself these days).

I am working with the owner of CNCGamer.com

First sentence of his post is already deceiving since he's actually the owner of the cncgamer domain ;)

http://whois.domaintools.com/cncgamer.com

Anyway, I totally agree with Frodo and Punker. We have everything needed here - and anything missing is either already scheduled or can always be added. Also, what's a "Tiberian Sun retail style website"?

yeah you're more than likely not going to get any good responses from cncnet users.  I have noticed cncnet users are pretty loyal to what the staff is doing here and if the users here feel you're trying to take away from that they are going to eat you up and throw you out of this forums backdoor.

:cncsmirk:

I dunno if some people realize how hard it is to get a board going that has active users and daily posts. I tried for years with out luck. If you build it they will come theory isn't so true when it comes to forums. And if they do come getting them to register and post is another thing. It would even be 10 times harder to start a community in a area that people already have a active community in

Why would anyone want to go to cncgamer? What is the purpose? Everyone is here, and guess what, there are more active people here in the TS forums than there are in any other forum out there. Not only that, but as a community, TS has access to a massive group of players from other games within the CNC 'family' supported by the same people. Just a quick browse through recent threads shows me loads of non-TS players posting in here asking about the game and talking about the game in a way that we haven't seen in YEARS. Personally I suggest you stop living in the past and focus your efforts on making the experience here as positive as possible. I also suggest you stop name hiding, as it only makes you look silly, and shows the community in a bad light.