Pro corner

en3rgy52

In order to help players improve I thought it would be an idea for some of the more established and pro players to share some tips and tricks that they use in online competitive play.

Whilst not a pro, I'll start.

When using a subterranean unit such as an APC containing your own engineers or Cyborg Commando or both, the player who's base you are going to attack might have an engineer sat next to the building you want to attack so that they can repair it. If this is the case you can use the alt command on the sub to force the sub to pop up and squish the engineer. To do it, simply send your sub as normal and when it gets near to its target, select the sub, hold down the alt key and click on the unit you want to squish. This works particularly well if the enemy is using a ghost stalker to help defend their base. There is a counter to this move but I'll leave that to someone else to come up with.  :)

Hi Micro, if you couldn't find the info you were looking for via Moles fantastic site, the keys are...

E = everything you can see on screen.

T = every unit of the unit type you have selected in view, i.e. if you have a titan selected, pressing T will select all titans in your view. I believe pressing T twice should select all units of that type from across the map but I believe this might not currently be working.

Hello, First time posting on this forum, I came here today because I'm at a crossroads I'm certain A lot of new players are dealing with. So here is my experience with the current community.

The first thing I would like to mention is the game settings in the lobby. How are new players meant to know what "Standard" settings are? Everytime a "decent or pro" player joins they just rage and leave saying "noob settings" Well, that's fine and dandy but How am I to know what is normal and what is not? I'm new after all.... The second thing I would like to mention is the fact that some of us simply do not have a whole lot of experience in the game, so when good players join the game and kill us in 3 minutes how are we to learn from that experience? Most games I have 1-3 refinery's and the opponent will fly with a disrupter before I can set up a good defense, which is ok, I've learned that doing a 1 refinery disrupter build is not always idea as it leaves you economically crippled, but a good player can pretty well destroy your whole base with 1 carry and 1 disrupter. But I didn't come here to complain about the disrupter, I came here to ask if there are any "cookie cutter" builds that give you a good economic position as well as the option to defend if needed to attack  should the opportune moment arise. And before someone else responds here saying "play GDI its easier, or play NOD its easier, I've tried both and to be honest there are so many units in the game its difficult to know when you need which, and how many?

So now I've been playing for a little bit and I've started to figure out on my own some of the things I've written about which is now bringing me to my crossroads that I mentioned, I feel as though I've found myself in a rut. Newer players start to recognize your name and kick you from the game because they know they simply don't stand a chance they do not have the same understanding I've grown to know of the game, and on the other side of the coin a very select few "pro players" will allow the newer players to play a game but when that newer player does not do what the pro player expect and they end up losing that match, it means that the newer player will no longer be welcome in the pro player games and results in a ban. And alas the crossroads, I'm stuck in the middle or good and bad players and its really impacting my experience, I can no longer improve as no one will play with me. What am I to do at this point? Practice against bots? well they do not play like players. That is not an option. So what would you guys suggest for someone like me who's experience started off really great and had a blast. but is diminishing due to the skill gap between players.  And before the pro's respond with, "Why dont you spectate some games?" I've been doing that for a while. But at some point you need to practice playing the game and experience it yourself. Not just watch pro's play 30 minute games and then when they ask you to play the next one it's over in 3 minutes. Well spectating helps only to a certain degree.

Any feedback is welcome my intention here is not to rage it's to find a way to be able to play, and maybe my experience can help the pro's calm down a little bit when it comes to newer players.

Hello, First time posting on this forum, I came here today because I'm at a crossroads I'm certain A lot of new players are dealing with. So here is my experience with the current community.

The first thing I would like to mention is the game settings in the lobby. How are new players meant to know what "Standard" settings are? Everytime a "decent or pro" player joins they just rage and leave saying "noob settings" Well, that's fine and dandy but How am I to know what is normal and what is not? I'm new after all.... The second thing I would like to mention is the fact that some of us simply do not have a whole lot of experience in the game, so when good players join the game and kill us in 3 minutes how are we to learn from that experience? Most games I have 1-3 refinery's and the opponent will fly with a disrupter before I can set up a good defense, which is ok, I've learned that doing a 1 refinery disrupter build is not always idea as it leaves you economically crippled, but a good player can pretty well destroy your whole base with 1 carry and 1 disrupter. But I didn't come here to complain about the disrupter, I came here to ask if there are any "cookie cutter" builds that give you a good economic position as well as the option to defend if needed to attack  should the opportune moment arise. And before someone else responds here saying "play GDI its easier, or play NOD its easier, I've tried both and to be honest there are so many units in the game its difficult to know when you need which, and how many?

So now I've been playing for a little bit and I've started to figure out on my own some of the things I've written about which is now bringing me to my crossroads that I mentioned, I feel as though I've found myself in a rut. Newer players start to recognize your name and kick you from the game because they know they simply don't stand a chance they do not have the same understanding I've grown to know of the game, and on the other side of the coin a very select few "pro players" will allow the newer players to play a game but when that newer player does not do what the pro player expect and they end up losing that match, it means that the newer player will no longer be welcome in the pro player games and results in a ban. And alas the crossroads, I'm stuck in the middle or good and bad players and its really impacting my experience, I can no longer improve as no one will play with me. What am I to do at this point? Practice against bots? well they do not play like players. That is not an option. So what would you guys suggest for someone like me who's experience started off really great and had a blast. but is diminishing due to the skill gap between players.  And before the pro's respond with, "Why dont you spectate some games?" I've been doing that for a while. But at some point you need to practice playing the game and experience it yourself. Not just watch pro's play 30 minute games and then when they ask you to play the next one it's over in 3 minutes. Well spectating helps only to a certain degree.

Any feedback is welcome my intention here is not to rage it's to find a way to be able to play, and maybe my experience can help the pro's calm down a little bit when it comes to newer players.

I understand it can be frustrating with the pros sometimes. My recommendation would be to join a 'pro game' and ask to spectate. Watching a pro 1v1 or 2v2 can be very useful. Also, ask lots of questions

Cant learn everything by playin. When you're spec-ing games see pay attention to build orders, control of units(like in an inf rush or tits with Q etc) and the economy(when they expand and how to).

For units help, especially defensive ones see this https://cnctiberiansun.wordpress.com/. It has bunch of guides and essays on ts; will help you understand which units to use against which units and overall role of all units, amongst plenty of other stuff. This will teach you the base stuff that you need to know. Like role of a spot/position on the map, how to power bomb, setting hotkeys(very imp) etc et

gl