Testing Yuri's Revenge Online, everything you need to know...

Guest neogrant

Testing, everything you need to know...

• Yuri's Revenge Online is currently in a beta phase for testing purposes.  It is currently open to this community to provide feedback and any errors encountered. Read more on how to upload your error logs if you encounter any by [iurl=http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=3545.msg25525#msg25525]clicking here.[/iurl]

• A list of bugs we are aware of can be found by [iurl=http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=3546.0]clicking here.[/iurl]

• You may find there are limited players, this is because it has not yet been released, officially. Once we are satisfied with testing, we will release and announce the support of Yuri's Revenge. Feel free to pop by our IRC developer channel and arrange a game in the meantime if there is no-one online.

• Yuri's Revenge is not freeware and thus you must have the game installed for it to work with CnCNet

To find all the features with Yuri's Revenge Online by CnCNet, including the download Click here to get started

You will need to provide your own copy of Yuri's Revenge. Like he said its not freeware so they cannot provide you will a copy if you dont have it. My cd was to scratched to play so i downloaded a copy at either TPB or kickass i cant remember which one  but i had no problem playing it online with the cnc client.

If its not free then why does the downloads come with all the files for the game and ready to play online? I own the game, but when I downloaded this and installed it I didn't have my copy from Ultimate Collection installed.

The game was never included in the download, but the installer will look for an existing installation. AFAIK recent updates make sure have the game installed before continuing the install.

PLAY YURI'S REVENGE ONLINE FREE, FOREVER.

I know you love the word FREE, but this implies there's no need to buy / own the game.

It is a tricky one and the wording does need slightly adjusting IMO. Technically they need the game but not a serial which is why its 'free' to play online.

It is a tricky one and the wording does need slightly adjusting IMO. Technically they need the game but not a serial which is why its 'free' to play online.

A serial is needed to install :P

Ha yeah, as in a legit serial to play online, you need a real one for xwis play for example.

I know you love the word FREE, but this implies there's no need to buy / own the game.

The playing online is "free, forever", as in, cncnet won't suddenly start asking money for it  :P

Though I guess we can't actually guarantee the "forever" part in terms of keeping the service running, technically. Forever is a long time :P

(though IIRC the server side stuff is freely available, so, yeah.)

The playing online is "free, forever", as in, cncnet won't suddenly start asking money for it  :P

Though I guess we can't actually guarantee the "forever" part in terms of keeping the service running, technically. Forever is a long time :P

(though IIRC the server side stuff is freely available, so, yeah.)

If the servers ever go down for some reason they will get back up sooner or later. You cannot kill the Messiah.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes. Olaf is, in fact, the one hosting the downloads of it, and then he calls us out on "endorsing piracy" because we just happen to have no way of checking for official serials <_<

AFAIK only EA themselves (or a third party acting strictly on their behalf, such as Strike-Team) can legally employ an algorithm which checks RA2/YR serials for their validity, thus there's really no legal way for an independent third party like CnCNet to do that, even if they wanted to.

• 2 weeks later...