"Leave game, destroy base" toggle?

Shinra Corp

If there is one, am I missing it?

Basically, I don't like that players who leave games automatically explode upon departure. And the reason for this is simple: once you get invested in a long-duration game (say 20+ minutes), a player may have built up an impressive base and territory hold, but may lose a battle they feel is critical and then leave. However, ultimately the situation may be recoverable if his teammate is capable... but the point is immediately rendered moot because the first player quits, destroying his base.

I really feel like there should be a toggle on the game creation screen where we can choose whether or not a player quitting results in the destruction of his assets, or the PC taking over. Because, about 50% of the time, I feel like I really miss out on an opportunity for a victory (or a longer game) because the teammate who I am allied with (or fighting against) suddenly vaporizes himself, and the game ends.

That option is forced and you cannot change it, most of the players hate when someone leaves and they have to waste their time playing against a computer player :( It was considered very rude to press abort instead of resign and that's why it has been changed to resign automatically

That option is forced and you cannot change it, most of the players hate when someone leaves and they have to waste their time playing against a computer player :( It was considered very rude to press abort instead of resign and that's why it has been changed to resign automatically

How about making it optional?

Let's suppose you're playing against a player named HAVOX. HAVOX leaves the game. A pop-up appears, "HAVOX has left the game. Do you want to continue with HAVOX as computer? YES/NO"

You select NO. HAVOX's base blows up. Game is over.

You select YES. Another pop-up appears, "What difficulty? EASY/MEDIUM/HARD" (Whatever the difficulty levels are.) The game continues.

Or... just make it part of the game set-up when you're joining the game. Add a checkbox that only applies to the player joining the game, not everyone in the game. That option enables auto-AI in case computer quit. It can be a drop menu instead with something like NONE/EASY/MEDIUM/HARD with NONE causing the base to blow up and EASY/MEDIUM/HARD causing the computer to take over at that specific difficulty level.