I MASTER [AND TEACH] FINAL SUN [TS], Got an idea, please share!

Holland

I've been making maps alot recently. I can say I almost know every code and how every trigger and event works. So there are basicly almost no more limits. I can make a chess game, a battleship game.. I can make a harbor and create Boats, i'm supergood in making Compstomps and tower defenses.

So if you have a request, let me know! If you wanna learn how to make maps, just let me know

Awesome that it is possible with games like TS. (I used to make starcraft maps)

I do have some questions.

How far can one go in changing certain rules for a map?

- Infinite veterancy: Numbers instead of II and *. Simply 1, 2, 3 etc. Of course if possible, making the costs for the next level a sort of exponential. And the bonus only on damage and health.

- A different combat resolution. One where only damage and armor are needed for a certain health reduction. So, no more tables with percentages needed.

• 2 years later...

Kinda shamefull of me to reply 2 years later lol, anyway:

On 3/5/2015 at 12:14 AM, X3M said:

Awesome that it is possible with games like TS. (I used to make starcraft maps)

I do have some questions.

How far can one go in changing certain rules for a map?

- Infinite veterancy: Numbers instead of II and *. Simply 1, 2, 3 etc. Of course if possible, making the costs for the next level a sort of exponential. And the bonus only on damage and health.

- A different combat resolution. One where only damage and armor are needed for a certain health reduction. So, no more tables with percentages needed.

Good question, well you can swap turrets and give any turret to any structure. u can also give some structures a different Image and alot of them wil mix both images together. U can use almost all animations as projectiles, and even warheads. and u can use projectiles as walking units, lol. There is a whole lot of that, but there is no image editing, you can use all images inside the mix files, but the limit is at the Art.ini, here is where the animation loop count, theaters and coordination of calibrating files meet. And there there is the landscape stuff, inside of temperate.ini. But the magic happends inside the rules, like Is land buildable? or increasing/reducing speed to certain unit types. ANyway, To my understanding there are only 2 veterancys. Veteran and Elite, you can only change the factors in rules. It would be cool to have more, need som hax editing on that one. So really to awnser your question primarily,, You can go REAL far and edit ALL behaviours, but you can not add anything into rules. YOu can edit Armors and Verses, but not take health out completely and only leave armor. But if you combine edting TS with Triggers, you can become real creative. Its just real awesome that all rules are editable in a map, would be cool if it would be the same for the Art.ini! But no the things u stated are not possible unless u edit the exe file yourself,

On 3/5/2015 at 5:15 AM, Messiah said:

I've two problems with a mission.

The game crashes when a train bridge is destroyed and the train tries to cross this bridge.

The game crashes when Ion Storm initializes. That only happens if radar screen is available.

map can be found here.

http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=3354.msg23743#msg23743

Maybe you can look for the problem there. ;)

Wow thats a splinter. Damn i would have no idea how to fix that. ill have to really look in to it. Have you tried looking up the error code?

On 3/5/2015 at 7:45 AM, ROB said:

Do you make DTA maps?

No man!! i want to get into it, but im just glued to TS. lol