First Look At The CnCNet Ladder Ranking System Pretty Cool

Guest Mechacaseal

Guest Mechacaseal

Not sure where you got that url, but I'm fairly sure that these are internal tests that weren't supposed to be made public yet...

tahj/sean3z insists on trolling my email and private messages.

M7Q2AwS.jpg

These are still just internal tests, Jacko... if there were no bugs and quirks left in them, they would be a public ladder :P

Obviously, these should not be taken seriously as real ladder results. I'm a programmer, and I know we very often tweak data in these kinds of things just to see the results in the final view. For all we know, they might've taken amokk's entry as a test case to mess around with. The large amount of people with "255" points in the screenshots is an obvious clue to that. Gotta love dem powers of 2 :P

I'm fairly sure this whole thing will be reset when the ladder actually launches.

I'm guessing it counts all games that you leave as a loss automatically? People usually dont bother finishing games and instead leave when it looks over. Might have to force people to surrender on ladder before they are allowed to leave, like it was before.

full blown won, and 'they have been defeated and cycle to the score screen

def win and full cycle after still records it as a loss

not peeved by it, just offering my experience with it

hope it helps.

Can't wait !

Nyerguds  >> "Exactly why I think it's useless?  :dry:"      world drives me crazy like that sometimes too..lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mechacaseal

Fucking awesome guy's !!!

Cant wait till it's active!

Keep up the good work !!!

Not sure why you're so excited. I just looked at ladder again and the first thing that came to mind is wow uklost needs a life lol 166 games jesus christ. Honestly I think most of us are way too old to care if we beat someone in a match these days besides TRZ but then again he sells perfume at a stand in the mall or something so he needs something lol.

I've asked a few to verify unit/stats counts etc. but, as Nyerguds pointed out, this is all still very much so in testing. There's a glitch where some game data is being processed more than once (I believe due to a race condition), points are arbitrary at the moment and the ladder design is a placeholder.

That said, we've made great progress and working out these final bugs will bring us closer to completion :)

Guest Mechacaseal

I've asked a few to verify unit/stats counts etc. but, as Nyerguds pointed out, this is all still very much so in testing. There's a glitch where some game data is being processed more than once (I believe due to a race condition), points are arbitrary at the moment and the ladder design is a placeholder.

That said, we've made great progress and working out these final bugs will bring us closer to completion :)

Why don't you just get olaf to do it since he already made a ladder before? I'm sure you're already ripping from xwis anyway lol.