No "new" players will ever get into RA1

Seke

Hey,

I'm a well respected top player on Ra2 and tried to play Ra1 for about 1.5 hours before deciding it's not worth it after getting cussed out by about half a dozen players.

Just saying,

No one new will ever play ra1 with these kinds of attitudes.

I get you as I was once a noob and still am one (I joined in Jan 2014). The attitude that you see in RA1 is that which you'd expect of schoolchildren in a playground, then you log on to Facebook and realise that these people are in their 20s with corporate attire. I have no further comments on this...except that it's the way it is and you can't change it.

I was kicked out from 'pro' rooms for 5 months, then I started learning a map which most of these 'pros' play, and then I beat some of them in 1v1s. The beautiful thing is if you beat just one pro your name will start to spread. It's quite a word-of-mouth/referral thing so if one pro knows you're good, he'll tell the rest to not kick you out.

I'd recommend that you practise the map that these 'pros' play (I use inverted commas because many of these players are good in only one particular map - you'll find out easily what it is), do some 1v1s or demonstrate that you know the map. Then you wont get banned anymore. And as you get better and beat more people, those trolls who were so mean to you will suddenly start being nice.

Trust me I'm speaking from experience ;)

Of course you need to get the chance in playing the map. But hey, you get banned :D

It always surprises me how some "adults" can react so childish. And it isn't just this game.

Usually if you say that you know the map (and prove it by words), they'll give you a chance. And nowadays noobs have it easy, sometimes they're allowed to spec games such that they become 'one of them'.

With that said though, it's not entirely the pros' fault in banning people. Like some here have said, many noobs do not have the required etiquette. To be honest I've seen far worse behaviour in noob rooms.