Two suggestions :huh:

yofaceismyface

EDIT: I will only respond to people responding with useful comments. If you are just raging I will ignore you and report you to the moderators.

This is intended as a suggestion thread. If the only reason why something isnt being done is because it wasnt in the original game I will point out that the game wasnt designed to run on windows 7, 8 whatever  and will point out that the game has already been changed so its better. One more change to make it better will not make a difference (and if anyone can pull one of the guys from westwood here Im pretty sure they would agre with me. The point is that the game has already been changed and alot of things that were not done in the original game wern't done because it was impossible. It isn't anymore and if it isnt and it improves the game it should be done.

1. When you set up control groups (Ctrl+1 etc) why not have numbers showing what unit is belongs to which group. (ie a unit in group 1 would show a 1, a unit in 2 would show 2 etc.)

2a) When you have one or more units selected and you hold shift and use the drag box to select other units it doesnt work. Why not?

2b) The same as Part A but when you have a control group that you wish to add to you can't use the drag box to add to it. Why Not?

3. Also when you hold down the right mouse button you cannot fast scroll. Why Not?

4. You cannot change where the build menu is by using the scroll wheel. Why Not?

5. Why not put a small queuing system into the game. For example in later games (Tiberian Sun and later) there is the ability to queue up units. Why not put this in? It doesn't change things and (in my opinion at least) improves things. Even if you don't want to include unlimited queuing (like in RA3 for example) you could emulate Tiberian Sun and only allow a player to queue up to 5 units at a time.

6. Why not a waypoint system? (this can be argued either way, I don't know if it would make the game better or not. It all depends on how they want the game to feel)

On point 4 - scroll-wheel already works on the sidebar. The issue is on your side here. On all other points, the game is from 1995. That's why not. Mind you, I can already hear the flak coming your way for making these suggestions. The impossibility of these features being added to TD has been argued and proven countless of times on these forums by the main developers of CnCNet and by Nyer, who is chiefly responsible for the game being able to run on new systems, hi-res, etc.

7. Why not an auto save system that saves at the beginning of each mission and before the end of each mission (30 seconds maybe) or when a player completes a mission the game creates save files for all alternets of the the mission.

8a) When you order multiple units into a unit with an inventory only the first goes in but not the others.

b) the only way to get a unit out of an APC appears to be by destroying it.

EDIT: This is only an issue when the APC is spawned at the beginning of the mission.

On point 4 - scroll-wheel already works on the sidebar. The issue is on your side here. On all other points, the game is from 1995. That's why not. Mind you, I can already hear the flak coming your way for making these suggestions. The impossibility of these features being added to TD has been argued and proven countless of times on these forums by the main developers of CnCNet and by Nyer, who is chiefly responsible for the game being able to run on new systems, hi-res, etc.

What I mean is being able to scroll through the build menu, and I just tried it. It doesn't work.

Also I just booted up TD (windows 95 version) on an old machine and scrolling does work.

So therefor you are wrong.

I can provide a screenshot of my version TD95 if needed

EDIT: If it is on my side, my mistake. but I dont see how it could be. This is a whatever so Im willing to drop it.

Nice and logical conclusion, but scrolling the sidebar with the mouse-wheel works for me in CnCNet5 too, so no, I'm not wrong. About that other, unspecified scrolling you mentioned, that works on your old machine - what do you mean by that, sidebar scroll, or fast screen scroll? Because right-click fast scrolling was only introduced to C&C in TS.

8a) When you order multiple units into a unit with an inventory only the first goes in but not the others.

All of them getting in was implemented in RA, as well as numbers visible on teams.

b) the only way to get a unit out of an APC appears to be by destroying it.

No, you can deploy it, but it will bug and not deploy properly (or not at all) if it is under attack as it will try to fight back. So you should move away from enemy units when you want to deploy, or you can briefly ally your enemy so the APC won't return fire.

EDIT: I'm sure someone will pop up with a solution for your mouse issue. But the other stuff that made it in the later C&Cs is just impossible in TD, as others will confirm.

In response to one of your points, bugs happen i get that. the only way to get them fixed is to point them out. Thus: Here I am

One edit on my first post that you may have not seen is that a lot of things that aren't in the game aren't there because it was impossible at the time, including running on windows 8 (the system I am using). If the game can be changed to run on modern machines, why not change it to use modern ideas?

I mean the logical conclusion to "It wasn't done in the original so it shouldn't be done now" is to conclude that the reason why this site exists (updated versions of the westwood RTS games) is a bad one. After all if change is bad then updating the games (changing them) is bad as well so you might as well delete them off the internet.

As cn2mc said, they're impossible to "fix" in Tiberian Dawn and the whole reason you want them is because it does exist in Red Alert.

We get people constantly asking for bigger maps for the same reaon. (This is also pretty much impossible to do)

As cn2mc said, they're impossible to "fix" in Tiberian Dawn and the whole reason you want them is because it does exist in Red Alert.

We get people constantly asking for bigger maps for the same reaon. (This is also pretty much impossible to do)

Could you say what you are referring to?

The actual logical conclusion I was implying is that your suggestions are either impossible or close to impossible to implement within the game engine of TD. The people who enhance the game (by hacking and disassembly) go through painstaking work to bring us even the little new features we now have, like high resolution and remappable hotkeys. The simple truth is that even if one of your suggestions can somehow theoretically be hacked into the game, it'll require so much work, that it probably wouldn't be worth it ultimately. There are just more pressing issues for the (volunteer) developers to work on.

If you don't believe me and you think I'm raging, then you'll just have to wait for Nyer or someone else to confirm.

Yeah, you're not the first person to ask for these issues. They're not easy to implement.

If you want to be the umpteinth person in the last decade to bug Nyer about hacking these things into the game, go ahead, we can't stop you anyway. I know these things look simple to put in, and in a more modern engine, they probably would be, but it's not. And sadly, that's about the end of the story.

-Liam

The actual logical conclusion I was implying is that your suggestions are either impossible or close to impossible to implement within the game engine of TD. The people who enhance the game (by hacking and disassembly) go through painstaking work to bring us even the little new features we now have, like high resolution and remappable hotkeys. The simple truth is that even if one of your suggestions can somehow theoretically be hacked into the game, it'll require so much work, that it probably wouldn't be worth it ultimately. There are just more pressing issues for the (volunteer) developers to work on.

If you don't believe me and you think I'm raging, then you'll just have to wait for Nyer or someone else to confirm.

To take your last comment first what I meant by raging was something like "You faggot you dont know what your talking about nernerner" except with worse grammar.

Sorry but I dont really know what the community is like around here.

But I didnt realize that it is pretty much impossible to implement in the game engine. well now I know. Thanks for telling me.

Why not?

Easy for you to say. You're not the one who would need to hack the exe to actually implement it  :dry:

Rule #1 Of Playing Old Games:

DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT FEATURES THAT WERE ADDED IN ITS SUCCESSORS.

Nyerguds, over and out.

EDIT: I will only respond to people responding with useful comments. If you are just raging I will ignore you and report you to the moderators.

Fancy that. I am a moderator. And the one who brought you the larger part of all new features implemented in C&C95 :dry:

Since pretty much ALL of your suggestions are completely invalidated by my Rule #1 Of Playing Old Games, this topic is deemed completely utterly useless, and is hereby locked.