2 players behind 1 router

Ana

Hello everyone !

My friend and I have installed CnCNet 5 to play Yuri's Revenge on it. For the first few weeks everything was smooth, but lately we have encountered a lag issue, which is present when both of us are playing at the same time, in the same game room.

We tried port forwarding, upnp is enabled.

Does anyone know how to manually forward the ports ? Or how to fix this issue ?

Thanks, we enjoy CnCNet and would like to continue our presence there.

Bye,

Ana&Tibor

That's strange. This is something that should work, unless something is missing in the YR implementation. Port forwarding is only necessary if you want to use Peer to Peer functionality.

Have you tried other games on CnCNet? Like C&C1, RA or TS?

Hello everyone !

My friend and I have installed CnCNet 5 to play Yuri's Revenge on it. For the first few weeks everything was smooth, but lately we have encountered a lag issue, which is present when both of us are playing at the same time, in the same game room.

We tried port forwarding, upnp is enabled.

Does anyone know how to manually forward the ports ? Or how to fix this issue ?

Thanks, we enjoy CnCNet and would like to continue our presence there.

Bye,

Ana&Tibor

Can you both try separate games using CnCNet (with just an AI) to see if the problem is related to one of yours setup.

Otherwise could you both provide the Operating system you use?

Thanks everyone for your answers.

We played YR for a long time on GR, never had any problems. We also tried to play separately on CnC and it doesn't lag if we play it like that. We tried also playing alone vs AI, the lag problem instantly appears.

We don't have any other games installed, the only reason we play here is because all the players left GR.

It is not about how the game is installed since we didn't have this problem when we joined CnC. It started to happen last 2-3 weeks ago.

We both have Win 7 Ultimate, quite recently installed.

This lag doesn't happens every time we play, but when it does it really isn't playable.

Appreciate your help and further comments.

Ana

We tried also playing alone vs AI, the lag problem instantly appears.

If you're on windows 7:

- Toggle videobackbuffer in the settings of the client, and re-try playing alone vs AI.

- Check you do not have a file called ddraw.dll in your game directory. If you do, and on win7 remove it.

Thanks everyone.

Tibor didn't update any graphic drivers, I did, but about 2 months ago. CnC lag game afterwards.

I will try toggling video back buffer but as I recall it needs to be off (or in .ini file as =no).

Also, neither me or Tibor have this ddraw.dll file.