Windows 2000 Works On this Computer?

pichorra

Question

Hi, I have Updated My Old PC RAM to 256. Well, i'm Asking Sometigs for Yours:

The Windows 2000 Will Work on this computer:

-256 RAM

-2 HardDrives (Quantium Fireball 3gb (i have intalled Windows 98) and one Sansung 10Gb Wilt programs and games installed.

-Crypx Processor

-Trio64+ Video Cartige.

Well, If i Update to Windows 2000:

-CnCNet will work? it not work on windows 98.

-C&C v1.06b Will Work? They apresent some incompatibilites on windows 98

11 answers to this question

In Win2000, I think you have to manually install compatibility mode for C&C to work. As for 1.06b and Win98, I think the only thing that doesn't work is the patch program. If you apply the patch manually (install on a different PC and copy the files) there should be no problem.

You'll need to delete logo.vqa, logo.vqp and version.txt though.

Microsoft .NET 2.0 can be installed on windows 98, i have installed that. installed cncnet, it runned, but it not show the icon, only show a process on CTRL+ALT+DEL. But, how CnCnet server is having problems to reconfigure, idk if it really works. but, if it works, C&C on windows 98 isn't compatible on TCP/IP Lan Fix, who i m forced to use the original dll, (IPX).

- I have downloaded the OLD TCP\IP DLL, yes, it works on windows 98, and, it need a program to connect ones than others (like Hamachi, but using TCP\IP) by port 5000, i think, if i change the CnCNet Communication port, (8054 to 5000) i think it will work, but, i think the chances of this work is 20 of 100, but, i ll test.  :) - DOSENT WORK

i have goted a dll who it is compatible of the Windows 98 and is compatible with the Scorpio's TCP\IP fix.

Look on topic http://www.cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=475.0