Mod is not NOT Dead!!!

sgtmyers88

The Mod is NOT dead! While it was indeed on an indefinite hiatus it was still being worked on from time to time. I recently did some major fixes and re-balancing work and I had to completely rebuild the AI. I also cut back on some visual effects to help with framerate issues. The full version of 1.4 will be made public soon but overall visually it is not too different from the beta. Just code and scripting work has been redone from scratch for a better gameplay experience. (AI scripting is a PITA) 8)

Now whether interest in the mod is still alive is another story...

I have noticed the C&C community has died out quite a bit since Generals 2 was canceled and Victory Games folded.

I have noticed the C&C community has died out quite a bit since Generals 2 was canceled and Victory Games folded.

well, actually, by that time in 2013 I think, CnCNet had a boost in players having say like 500 players online everyday. Don't know the numbers now, but I think the C&C community is more active than 3 years ago. The only one ruining everything is EA, although I'm not an anti-EA guy. I still believe they will stop screwing and release a good game. Let's see what the "new" CEO can do about it. I can't believe EA is not able to make a simple RTS ...

• 6 years later...

I've been lurking for a while but now that the remasters are out and I got a better idea on what they contained, I decided to work on the Mod some more for perhaps one final update.

Also... who wants to see Red Alert Redux? I know it was brought up a few times some years ago before the remasters were even thought of, but I figured now is the time to consider it now that work on TDR is winding down with the main campaigns completed. While it's still in the very early stages of development, Red Alert Redux is slowly being brought to life. I haven't decided if it will be a mini-mod type add-on built into TDR or a standalone project built off of TDR since a lot of the assets and coding is nearly the same. The biggest hurdles will be making a decent naval system, designing, coding, and animating attack dogs and then the Chronosphere stuff. As with TDR I do not plan to make it a 1:1 remake for both reasons regarding the limitations within Generals SAGE and personal artistic liberties. I may also (as I did with TDR) consolidate the unit and structure tech tree. (e.g. Engineers doubled as Mechanics and APC's doubled as Medics in the current mod)

Edited by sgtmyers88
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sgtmyers88 said:

I've been lurking for a while but now that the remasters are out and I got a better idea on what they contained, I decided to work on the Mod some more for perhaps one final update.

Also... who wants to see Red Alert Redux? I know it was brought up a few times some years ago before the remasters were even thought of, but I figured now is the time to consider it now that work on TDR is winding down with the main campaigns completed. While it's still in the very early stages of development, Red Alert Redux is slowly being brought to life. I haven't decided if it will be a mini-mod type add-on built into TDR or a standalone project built off of TDR since a lot of the assets and coding is nearly the same. The biggest hurdles will be making a decent naval system, designing, coding, and animating attack dogs and then the Chronosphere stuff. As with TDR I do not plan to make it a 1:1 remake for both reasons regarding the limitations within Generals SAGE and personal artistic liberties. I may also (as I did with TDR) consolidate the unit and structure tech tree. (e.g. Engineers doubled as Mechanics and APC's doubled as Medics in the current mod)

CCRARDX-Banner.png

RedAlertRedux-Poster.png

Great to hear that @sgtmyers88, I was just thinking today about c&c gold redux and how it has all those nice shader effects and what not and how it outclasses the 'remaster'... as for the RA part of it... dunno, always liked c&c gold more than ra (or tiberian sun and later games).

? 

• Like 1