HD Music Pack for Red Alert (Version 2 with Stereo)

Lightning Hunter

Thanks to Blade and his new program Audioset, I can proudly present the highest quality in-game soundtrack for Red Alert and the Expansions that we will ever receive!  This pack will replace all those old, low-quality 22kHz Mono audio files in the game with 48kHz, Stereo.  All of these tracks were taken from various sources to get the best quality available (even Fogger has a high quality version that was not available on the Red Alert music CD by Frank Klepacki).  All tracks are replaced, including the menu, credits, and victory screen.  This is Version 2 of the release.  The first version had only high quality Mono tracks, and is obsolete.  It should be replaced with this version.

Simply extract all the files to your main Red Alert folder, and all the music in the game will sound much, much better.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6ve9zra49c398t2/RedAlertHQ_OST_V2.ZIP

Tiberian Dawn is next!

• Like 1

While this is awesome, I actually believe that the game can use aud files packed with pure pcm audio too, its just that no such files exist. Its something I will look into at some point, so it is possible the sound track could get even higher quality even without someone hacking in support for something like ogg vorbis. Storage space needed would go up about 4x over this current release though ;)

While this is awesome, I actually believe that the game can use aud files packed with pure pcm audio too, its just that no such files exist. Its something I will look into at some point, so it is possible the sound track could get even higher quality even without someone hacking in support for something like ogg vorbis. Storage space needed would go up about 4x over this current release though ;)

Oh, common...  I don't mind you adding support for PCM audio, but is it really necessary to mention it here in this thread?  People might read your second post and think this pack is low quality garbage. :P  I have personally compared the in-game versions side by side to the originals, and can't tell any difference.  Kind of like what Nyergud's said, it's like comparing 320kbps MP3 to FLAC audio.  Of course FLAC is better quality on paper, but the average human ear can't tell the difference (I certainly can't).  The AUD format is fine.

I don't plan on making a third release, unless someone finds higher quality versions of some of the tracks already included in here (like Snake, which is admittedly lower quality than the rest, since nobody has the original version).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Due to the fact that I have ripped all music from all the different versions of the first two games plus expansions from their original game media of PC, Sega Saturn and PSX, together with the soundtrack CDs it is safe to say that I should have almost all source files in high quality as far as is goes.

There are a few songs that - however - you managed to obtain in stereo that I just could not locate in ANY game media.

Let me give you an example:

Due to the fact that I have ripped all the diff. system versions of CnC and RA, I now also, as well as you have several higher res. version of songs that were only in Mono in the PC version. For example, the Sega Saturn and PSX versions of Tiberian Dawn have Redbook Audio and XA audio tracks used for some songs, making them higher quality and stereo as compared to the PC counterpart.

But this is not true for all tracks. The track "Demolition" from Tiberian Dawn in NOWHERE TO BE FOUND except in the PC version. It is not used/present in the game data of the PSX version, nor is it used/present in the SSaturn game data. it is ONLY USED in the PC-version. Neither is it featured on the Soundtrack CD.

Therefore, the only version I have is the one ripped from the Tiberian Dawn PC game and is in 22.05 kHz mono.

You, however have EVERY song in the pack as stereo so I was wondering where you aquired the stereo versions for these few tracks that were only as mono versions present in the PC game and not only hte soundtrack CD as well. I hope you understood what I meant. Even ripping ALL games from EVERY SYSTEM, also checking the soundtrack CDs, I am still missing some stereo version that you, curiously enough, DID FIND somewhere...

I would be happy for an info where you ripped/aquired them or to get the lossless versions of these source files...

Thanks in advance.

jaZz_KCS