Help

Huub

Hello,

First off, I'm new to this forum and have no idea if my question has been asked before but here it goes:

How can I make the enemy computer (AI?) stronger?

I mostly play skirmish games but the AI is to easy to defeat.

Show off^ :D

I can think of a couple of ways to make the AI stronger:

[*]Add more AI players - Try to beat 7 Brutal AI players.

[*]If that's still too easy, try beating 7 Brutal AI players on this map:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c4f43dh3bnubvcy/hecks2c.mpr

This is a modified Heck Freezes Over map where the AI is on steroids and the desolators actually deploy! Even against 2 AI players is pretty damn hard to beat! Just wondering, why do you mostly play skirmish games? Are we too boring for you? :D

Show off^ :D

I can think of a couple of ways to make the AI stronger:

[*]Add more AI players - Try to beat 7 Brutal AI players.

[*]If that's still too easy, try beating 7 Brutal AI players on this map:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c4f43dh3bnubvcy/hecks2c.mpr

This is a modified Heck Freezes Over map where the AI is on steroids and the desolators actually deploy! Even against 2 AI players is pretty damn hard to beat! Just wondering, why do you mostly play skirmish games? Are we too boring for you? :D

I generally set up 7 brutals with random base choices. I like to get surprised. I also set my own base to random and see how it goes. I have plenty to choose from at the moment: I have probably over 500 maps right now. These maps have a variety of players, most of them range from 4 to 6.

I also like to play with 3-4 opponents due to the time you spend on 7 opponents and when you have about 10 maxed prism tanks. (the ones with 3 stripes) you can clear any base, at this point it doesn't matter if there are 3 of 7 opponents.

As for Hack over freezes: I'll look into the map and see how that goes!

As for the boring part.  XD I mostly play skirmish games, because I'm used to them. I have earlier used 'GameRanger' to play online, and when I asked this question I noticed you can now play RA2 online. So it's not that you bore me, I've never noticed you around..!  :laugh:

Alternatively, you can fight vs 7 brutal enemies with only 1 ore truck and only 1 refinery, no spies and no navy. If you get an extra truck, you gotta kill it.

Turn on crates and super weapons and set 4 of the enemies to yuri. It's a blast!

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a go!

Some additional information regarding my question:

What I'm looking for is a mod/map/code to make the AI stronger per opponent, not making it harder by just adding more brutals. I'm looking for the next step: not a easy, medium or brutal but the next step after brutal. This next step should :

* Not have a limit on the base size of the opponent. I am able to build 20 prismtowers, but my opponent will only build 4-5. It would be amazing if the AI could build an enormous defense without any limits in defense buildings.

* Not have standard attack raids: For example; 1 prism, 1 mirage and 3 grizzlies are standard. Random attacks with a minimum amount of units would be great.

@Huub: What did you think of that^ modified Heck Freezes Over map? For more crazy brutal next level AI humiliation (for YR), but on any multiplayer map, download WARDEATHFUN's AI 'upgrades':

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gnjqc2lrotwd77l/YR_-_Advanced_AI.rar

Just extract/copy aimd.ini and rulesmd.ini to your YR folder then restart the game. To uninstall, simply delete these 2 files (after wiping your tears).

NOTE: If the files already exist, rename those files to something else if you don't want to lose them, otherwise just delete them, before copying the new files.

@Huub: What did you think of that^ modified Heck Freezes Over map? For more crazy brutal next level AI humiliation (for YR), but on any multiplayer map, download WARDEATHFUN's AI 'upgrades':

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gnjqc2lrotwd77l/YR_-_Advanced_AI.rar

Just extract/copy aimd.ini and rulesmd.ini to your YR folder then restart the game. To uninstall, simply delete these 2 files (after wiping your tears).

NOTE: If the files already exist, rename those files to something else if you don't want to lose them, otherwise just delete them, before copying the new files.

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks! I'll try this when I get a chance.

As for the Heck Freezes map: I downloaded it, unpacked it, copied it to my RA2 folder, but I couldn't find the map in YR while playing skirmish. Maybe I should/could remove all the other maps, and just keep this one in the RA2 folder.

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks! I'll try this when I get a chance.

As for the Heck Freezes map: I downloaded it, unpacked it, copied it to my RA2 folder, but I couldn't find the map in YR while playing skirmish. Maybe I should/could remove all the other maps, and just keep this one in the RA2 folder.

No problem.

If you're using the CnCNet version of YR, do what Grant suggested^. But for any other version, you'll have to rename hecks2c.mpr to hecks2c.yrm and put it in the same folder as the EXE files (gamemd.exe, yuri.exe).