***(NEW)*** REPORT BUGS HERE!

sgtmyers88

As of December 2015 this is the official bug reporting thread for beta testers and the general public to use in order to avoid necroposts in older threads.

Finding bugs with C&C Tiberian Dawn Redux? Here is a detailed description of some of the issues that you may likely encounter if you are playing the Mod.

Q1.) Why are Engineers re-usable?

A1.) They are not when you use them on enemy buildings. This bug occurs when you try to capture

a tech building. This appears to be a game engine issue.

Q2.) Why do my harvesters sometimes stop working after a while?

A2.) This is an odd AI bug that occurs when you build your Tiberium Refinery using the Construction Yard System. But harvesters are also known to periodically stop working after they reach a Tiberium field. I have seen this bug in the original game and it is intriguing that it has been replicated here in the mod as well.

Q3.) Why do my units run through each other and through the buildings or simply seem to "push" them with no effect?

A3.) This is another random bug that I have concluded to be a game engine defect and an AI pathfinding issue. This may sometimes cause lag if the AI controlled units get stuck.

Q4.) MCV's sometimes do not point them selves in the right direction and deploy directly.

A4.) Game Engine bug. Possibly unfixable as no solution has been found to date.

Q5.) Why does the music stop working?

A5.) Technically it doesn't. If there is a long pause between tracks it might just be the game slowing down.

Game time is bound to frame rate and the music tracks are controlled by timers to tell the scripting

system that is is OK to play the next track.

Q6.) I cannot get structures to build with the Conyard which says "Cannot Deploy Here".

A6.) Either the terrain is preventing you from building or you are building too

far from an existing building. Just like in the classic C&C you can only build

directly next to your existing structures.

Q7.) The Campaign Videos are not playing and the Main Menu is a static image with no animations.

A7.) If you did not download the "Lite" version of the Mod which contains no videos, make sure

to set generals.exe to Windows XP SP2 Compatibility mode.

Hope this helps.

-sgtmyers88

• 1 month later...

Upgrading power plant is a nifty way to repair it to the fullest whilst being damaged; similar goes for the construction yard - redeploy it and on the second deployment, it gets full hp... I suppose path finding is causing random hiccups when i try moving large amount of units (probably is the cause of stuttering during a10 bombing runs - the enemy is clustered between buildings and can't move from the harm's way)

Overall, an excellent mod nonetheless... less bugs than the vanilla game that is for sure and a lot more funnier/good looking too. Best of luck

ETA: Also, although I’ve built an advanced comm center, I couldn't recruit a10 or wolverine walker unit (talon vs. black hand, winter wolf map, first decade version... although set to winxpsp2 compatibility, still no shell map in background)

I've forgot to take a screenshot (used prtscr, forgot it is f12) to see building clipping - rear of the tiberian refinery was 'glued' to the rear of temple of nod

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of things regarding power.

d5g907lfsdap4ad0f.jpg

As seen above, those advanced power plants give me 92 power units, which is way too much. For some reason, my power usage is also too low. Those silos alone should use 13 units, but my total usage is only nine.

d5g8zfdesuhq4tkdb.jpg

This can be "fixed" by saving and reloading. Now I get two units from my CY... and 44 units from three advanced power plants, which doesn't add up. Also, my use is now down to five units, which it think is what my barracks and two refineries use. In any case, there's something off with the power.

Interesting find. It's never occurred to me that there was bugs with the power plants as I am pretty sure its existed from the beginning as I have done little modifications to it. I'm betting it has something to do with the conyard system code or the upgrade from a basic power plant. Or a combo of both. The correction/adjustment on a game reload is bizarre as well.

A couple more thing I noticed during PATSUX:

1. You can build multiple Icon Cannons. Is that WAD?

2. The bullet upgrade applies to the AGT, even though the AGT doesn't use bullets.

3. When an Orca sits on a helipad, the helipad can build Chinooks, but no additional Orcas.

4. Occasionally, I couldn't rebuild an Orca I lost because the field for it was greyed out. Not sure what caused this.

5. All Orcas hop in the air once after an Orca helipad has been built. :)

6. The stealth detection upgrade for the Orcas didn't seem to work. After buying it, it was still greyed out and my Orcas couldn't detect Stealth Tanks.

1.) Oddly enough I just realized that due to the way the Conyard System had to be coded the Build Limit feature is permanently overridden since the Conyard buildup system "spawns" a final object from the buildup animations and replaces the building that you actually select and build from the command menu as the game code sees it as a completely separate object. If it were built from the MCV as "Dozer" this does not happen.

2.) AGT's were gonna originally have chain guns as an addon (ala Renegade) but was cut to encourage use of the regular Guard Tower. The upgrade icon is residual code from that expriment.

3.) Every helipad/airfield has a limited set of parking spaces. If an aircraft requires a parking space to land (usually something that has to reload its weapons) then it will cancel out other similar units from being constructed there. If you set the Orca to guard a location it will take off and hover there and you will be able to construct additional units again. (same for the planes in ZH)

4.) Weird Random Bug. Usually fixed if building is sold/rebuilt.

5.) Just a side effect from the unit/building spawning after construction. It takes a second for the units AI to realize that there is a place to land after being created in this fashion.

6.) Odd random coding bug. Might be due to the special PATSUX Orcas having some kind of compatibility issue since they are a custom unit made specifically for that map.

• 2 weeks later...

Still fun to play, discovered possible bug (maybe it was reported) - I beileve it has something to do with the free space for landing - if you try to board infantry into transport heli and the base is densly built (small distance between buildings, walls surrounding base are also close to the building) - the transport chopper will land far away outside (it does that when you try to land it to helipad to repair it - long landing animation ends far away from the target area).

Some oddities:

1. Captured buildings don't count as lost on the victory screen.

2. An engineer doesn't take over a vehicle, but neutralises it (as if hit by a neutron shell or Jarmen Kell).

3. The built buildings aren't counted correctly on the victory screen. During Nod mission 2, I built a refinery, a power plant, a two Hands of Nod and two silos, but the victory screen only counted two buildings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

need another strategy to get it installed. if only I could code I would try to make it more stand alone. The only way i can think of to get redux installed into an origin game is if i copy all of the game and some how make it not origin dependent. Or hopefully I've done something wrong and I just have to get it right.

uuum nvm? if the collections launcher 1.19 is truly broken then maybe ea made and up date that allows this mod to work regardless.  i have not patched it though. see what happens afterward

ok it all works so... I'll just assume i did something wrong and leave it at that.

have to move camera around with arrow keys cant just mouse scroll in windowed mode... uugh

Edited by airstrik0

I had a weird skirmish i was playing against 2 nod  and i had a team with 1 gdi and talon. I killed all the construction yards. And some how the ai kept building things and different area no where near one another  kind of quickly. I had to place units where all the buildings kept spawn to stop them from spawning. I won after i got all the units to the spawn locations and the friendly ai did not attack the ground at all so i would assume there is no mcv underneath the map and besides the time it took each building to build no mcv could move that fast. I had orcas and humvees do all the scouting very irritating.

On 6/8/2018 at 7:49 PM, airstrik0 said:

I had a weird skirmish i was playing against 2 nod  and i had a team with 1 gdi and talon. I killed all the construction yards. And some how the ai kept building things and different area no where near one another  kind of quickly. I had to place units where all the buildings kept spawn to stop them from spawning. I won after i got all the units to the spawn locations and the friendly ai did not attack the ground at all so i would assume there is no mcv underneath the map and besides the time it took each building to build no mcv could move that fast. I had orcas and humvees do all the scouting very irritating.

I reported the skirmish bug a while back in my thread about being unable to install. Figured i'd just put the bugs I came across in there as there was a dialogue with sgtmyers at the time.  (https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/7571-cannot-installlaunch-144/) - With mine it was Sams and Obelisks being plopped down in random places by the AI for the most part. I did one the other day and a random sam site appeared by my tiberian field. Could have been worse I guess, glad it wasn't an obelisk.

In relation to your prior post, I've only managed to get this mod working when using the original CD release, omitting origin etc entirely. Even then it took a vast number of installs and attempting various download mirrors until one downloaded and installed without producing corruption errors. All documented in the thread I linked to.

Edited by Jimmy