ISSUE RESOLVED: Red Alert 2 wouldn't install on W10

Techno_Man

Question

Both my games are on normal, standard edition Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge CD's.

If the topic title is vague, let me explain.

This morning, I started playing Yuri's Revenge. I got bored, so I decided to finish up the allied campaign for normal Red Alert 2. When I put the disk in and tried to start the game, nothing opened. I tried to uninstall both games and restart my computer. When I tried to reinstall Red Alert 2, nothing opened; I even tried running Setup.exe directly from the disk, and used many different compatibility options with no avail. Now I can't play either game because Red Alert 2 won't install, and Yuri's Revenge requires RA2 to install.

Is there something wrong with my Red Alert 2 CD? :S

11 answers to this question

Both my games are on normal, standard edition Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge CD's.

This morning, I started playing Yuri's Revenge. I got bored, so I decided to finish up the allied campaign for normal Red Alert 2. When I put the disk in and tried to start the game, nothing opened. I tried to uninstall both games and restart my computer. When I tried to reinstall Red Alert 2, nothing opened; I even tried running Setup.exe directly from the disk, and used many different compatibility options with no avail. Now I can't play either game because Red Alert 2 won't install, and Yuri's Revenge requires RA2 to install.

Something to do with Windows 10 disabling some required functionality for your RA2 cd's to run and install. As a workaround, you could download the Free RA2 Origin bundle (which includes YR). Details are at the bottom of the page - http://cncnet.org/red-alert-2

Something to do with Windows 10 disabling some required functionality for your RA2 cd's to run and install. As a workaround, you could download the Free RA2 Origin bundle (which includes YR). Details are at the bottom of the page - http://cncnet.org/red-alert-2

I tried Origin. It freezes. Maybe compatibility issues...?

This morning, I started playing Yuri's Revenge. I got bored...

How were you able to get Yuri's Revenge to work the first time? Did you do anything different the second time?

I had done nothing different, I just put the CD in and attempted to start/install the game. Yuri's Revenge worked, but Red Alert 2 didn't.

I have been trying to get this game to work on my brand computer with Windows 10. The best way to fix the problem of it not downloading from the original disk is to go buy the command and conquer first decade. It has red alert 2 and yuris revenge with a few extra all on one disk. It was made in 2006 so this will bypass the problem of the old safe disk thing.