Is it possible to build units. More than 30 units at a time

suksawat1

rulesmd.ini -> MaximumQueuedObjects

Nice little hack! This can be abused for online games.  ;)

Yeah thanx to whoever *Bret is :D. How can it be abused though exactly? How can one use it to their advantage?

*MaximumQueuedObjects is in the 'Bret's hack section' of rulesmd.ini, for those wondering.

rulesmd.ini -> MaximumQueuedObjects

Nice little hack! This can be abused for online games.  ;)

Yeah thanx to whoever *Bret is :D. How can it be abused though exactly? How can one use it to their advantage?

*MaximumQueuedObjects is in the 'Bret's hack section' of rulesmd.ini, for those wondering.

I find .rulesmd.ini. file not found.

I find in files ".ini" files and found only two with "Maximum Queued Objects" is "ra2md.ini" and "expand md01.ini".

What is the file that affect a game and the most that can be achieved is if how much.

Thanks for all the attention and help me.

RA2.jpg.072a58c19ebdc2dabac390c7b5b80d9d.jpg

@suksawat1:

The file rulesmd.ini is actually inside the file local.mix, which is inside the file ra2md.mix (ra2md.mix -> local.mix -> rulesmd.ini). You can extract it, and anything else you want, by using a tool created by Olaf called XCC Mixer. You can download this tool from XCC Home Page, Utilities section. Extract rulesmd.ini into your Yuri's Revenge folder.

Once extracted, you can now go ahead and modify the above mentioned value; 'MaximumQueuedObjects'. I've only tried changing it from 29 to 99, but you can probably go even higher, I'm not sure. Save the file and restart the game. You can of course modify any other value in that file to see what it does. Just play around with it. If you mess the file up, just extract the original version again from ra2md.mix. To return Yuri's Revenge to it's original state, simply delete rulesmd.ini.

Note: This works on every version of YR (even the Origin version) except for the CnCNet version. It must have been disabled (which was a wise thing to do), probably by Rampastring. Also, I've tried modifying that^ value directly in ra2md.mix like you did using TextPad, but for some reason it doesn't work. Just use the above method.

For an easier way to modify RA2/YR and also other classic C&C games, check out TibEd 1 (not TibEd 2, which is for the more modern C&Cs).