Tiberian Sun Fast Build Glitch (Build Time)

A3H-Hitman

Question

In Tiberian Sun if you set the credits to a large amount of money, say $200,000 or more and you build 5-6 pads the game will start spitting out gdi and nod planes very quickly off the side of the map. It's like the build time disappears if you set the game to a lot of money and build a lot of pads.

I also noticed a couple times if you build 3-4 war factories the units from those structures will also begin to spam much faster as well. Although the mass spam war factory occures less often... The mass plane spam, I can get to happen every time the money is set to a lot.

This really needs to be fixed. The map doesn't matter I can get it to do it on mod or westwood style maps.

7 answers to this question

It's not a bug it's a feature!

The more factories you have the faster you can build units.

Allen,

I do not know how long you have been playing Tiberian Sun, but this is not a feature of Tiberian Sun... maybe if you are on some crazy modded map. This glitch even occurs on Westwood style maps as well and was never a feature of the game originally. It is a glitch! The "Build time" of units never changed in Tiberian Sun with additional pads or war factories being built. Keep in mind, I am not talking about "Game speed" which can change the speed of the units being built.

The more factories you have the faster you can build units has been a part of Command & Conquer since Tiberian Dawn.

The mass plane spam, I can get to happen every time the money is set to a lot.

How do you 'get' it 'to happen'? I've just tried playing a single player skirmish game with $999,999 starting credits and 'Multiple Factory' setting disabled. It didn't work with multiple MCVs, Pads, Warfactories or Barracks. Can you only do it online?

The more factories you have the faster you can build units has been a part of Command & Conquer since Tiberian Dawn.

Not in TS (except with the Multiple Factory setting enabled).

Are you guys trolling? Coz I really can't tell.  :S