Red Alert in France

tyayedouard

Hi guys,

just realised there's still a community playing red alert 2 and i'd love to play it again.

Saw the topic to buy it but the amazon link only delivers in the UK and the origin's one leads me to an error page. I was wondering if there was any french around who could tell me where i can buy it.

Thanks  :)

ps: i have the cd version somewhere in my house, but it's probably in the same place I misteriously lose all my socks :roll: . Would it be illegal to download it from a torrent, and would i be able to play online?

I second that you should get the Ultimate Collection/First Decade version, but the standalone version of RA2 is also available on Amazon France:

Do note that CD/DVD versions of games will have problems because of the updates in windows that removed safedisc/securom. Fairly sure RA2 is one of the affected games.

Do note that CD/DVD versions of games will have problems because of the updates in windows that removed safedisc/securom. Fairly sure RA2 is one of the affected games.

Updates that are easily removable in anything that isn't Windows 10. And Windows 10 has a separate solution. No reason to write them off...

Not exactly "easily" removable, no. And it's still definitely worth warning people about :dry:

Is it possible that I got the real game with it some couple of month ago? Or I had Yuri already installed on my pc and i completely forgot about it

They've never been bundled, no, but Origin had a promotion in its "On the House" feature a couple of months back where they gave RA2 away for free, and this was obviously heavily advertised here since it allowed people to get the game for free. That promotion ended, though.

Not exactly "easily" removable, no. And it's still definitely worth warning people about :dry:

For Windows Vista/7/8.x, you LITERALLY only have to remove ONE update and then hide it when it tries to install again. If that isn't easy...

@tyayedouard - try manually going to Origin's site and searching for TUC. It has to be there, it's just that the link redirects for different localized sites are... special.