Anyway to make the CnCNet Client look more like this:

aWarNoob1

It's possible to style the client to look more like that. However, full-screen is a bad idea, and I prefer the current client UI.

btw, i've been meaning to bring this up to you; can we get rid of the time box to the left of player names? It builds useless clutter in the UI. You know the box that appears with brackets and a time stamp everytime someone comments or logs on.

[12:18 PM] Hello!

[12:18 PM] How are you?

[12:18 PM] Just here. One sec, let me check what time it is.

lol

The client UI is not really the biggest issue around I know. Don't think i'm trying to hold anyones feet to the fire with some of these suggestions. They'd just be really nice features to possibly consider. Plus I know grant made a topic about this not to long ago. Probably wouldve been best for me to post this there.

Apparently there's something buggy in the PM notification. Only saw you PM'd me after i saw it in my email.

Both a just like YR and YR looks UI's are possible from a technical standpoint, tho if we go with just like YR with anims and all that might turn a bit nightmare-ish unless someone codes in Shape(shp) support which i don't see happening.

I was the one who made the initial client UI graphics, the idea when i did it is we wanted the client to match with the website design. That said tho i did toy around with a RA2/YR like looks for the UI idea back when there hardly was a client at all. It's just a PS mockup tho.

Honestly i don't really want to make anything like this, definitely not alone.

Perhaps some day but dunno if in the foreseeable future.

ra2like.png.44ea91a20f5ac18d858ce8076ffeb765.png

No offense tomsons but the original definitely looks a lot better. Let me get this straight though, you're saying if we can find someone to code in this Shape(shp) support thing then the original YR lobby might be a possibility for CnCNet? Kind of what i'd go for would be the exact original YR lobby look and click sounds and everything but in a windowed version with CnCNet gamerooms and users ofc.

Let me get this straight though, you're saying if we can find someone to code in this Shape(shp) support thing then the original YR lobby might be a possibility for CnCNet?

No, just thinking from a performance and memory usage point of view, rendering giant png sheets for the anims or god forbid gif's would be messy

• 3 weeks later...

Keep the client simple and clean.

Doesn't add anything worth to the game. Just a lot of work for the people to build it.

It would be better to build in a pacman or ''pong'' mini game in the lobby. To reduce the boringness while waiting for players to join.