4p King of the Hill style Map

Pooflinger630

Hey guys! This is my first map I am releasing to the public. I am working on a series of multiplayer maps that involve AI elements that can heavily effect the outcome of the game. For instance, this map I entitled King of the Hill. Now, I am not too creative with names, so this can be changed if there already is a king of the hill. Anyways, the general concept is if you control the middle, then you have a significant advantage. In this case, the middle features a War Factory, Airstrip, and 16 SAM sites to protect them from aerial assaults. If the player were to secure this area, not only would they gain an extra vehicle producing structure of their own faction, but also gain one from the other faction, allowing GDI to bike rush, or Nod to build Medium tanks. If the player holds the area long enough, they can build defenses of their own such as AGT's or Obelisks. Now, if the any of the structures are destroyed, they will be rebuilt fairly quickly (especially the SAM Sites). I also made three different entrances to each player's base to give the harvesters a safe route to the tiberium, and to allow for a little more strategy when building defenses for/attacking a base. I also have the production trigger enabled for the AI, and in my tests, they have either made two harvesters that try to run over infantry, or a flame tank, but they have also done absolutely nothing as well. Just another spice I thought I would add to the mix.

This is what I would consider a tighter map, as I am not a fan of those wide open maps. This also is a map that features a significant amount of tiberium. Because of the size of the battlefield, this requires player to secure and protect their tiberium fields (especially in a three for all or a 2v2 or a 4p free for all). I do sometimes like playing those maps with massive tiberium fields (especially as GDI) but I do also like to play the maps that involve much more strategy, so I tried to employ both concepts into this map. Also, I tried to make this an objective based map that grants a significant bonus to the player that controls the objective. Also, as you can see, there are two AGT's that should stop players from immediately rushing in with a lone engineer and should at least force players to have to build a WF/Airstrip before they can secure said area. These AGT's will not rebuild once destroyed.

Now, I can critique this map and probably point out a couple of flaws. For instance, I think this is a map that favors Nod, due to how quickly they can pump out buggies and bikes. I also feel that there may not be enough space to build a base due to the amount of foliage, and that can be changed if you guys feel it necessary. This map also may be a little too tight due to the foliage, but like I said, that can also be changed. I just like to make my maps somewhat visually appealing to the eye rather than the plain wide open maps with infinite amounts of tiberium. I also feel that this map will only have short matches, I just don't see a map like this where the match will exceed fifteen to twenty minutes, given how aggressive this map requires you to be.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Hope you guys check it out!

MapImage.jpg.b623871a9a97a3142fec2156d9e1c7af.jpg

scm190ea.ini

scm190ea.bin

you mean the RA aftermath map king of the hill, were you are covered by ore very soon?

That won't work with TD because there is a limit on overlay tiles.

thre is a disadvantage to south, they can't properly use aircraft as they were shot by the neutral sam site row.

what is the reason for the infantry in the bottom left corner?

The AI is hard-coded to build two harvesters per refinery if production is on and it has a ref. It's actualy a main priority for it. If you remove the ref, it won't build them. As for SAM's, etc.,  you can always just make the AI base completely unreachable/unscoutable and fill in any squares on which a chopper might land with rocks/terrain. Hell, you can even put impassable terrain under the buildings. This will allow you to do with less SAM sites there. Also, if the CYs are in the 'base' section, the AI will rebuild those too, unless it loses all of them at once, so it's pretty invincible against air attacks even without so much AA. Your main problem is capture, which land defences can easily stop without limiting player airspace. So, instead of the SAM sites you can have impassable rocks/water, and instead of the bikes you can have regular guard towers.

I would say, maybe take out a bit of tib along the far left/right of the middle tiberium, so that troops can scout the enemy bases at the start of the game, without having to try to run past adv Guard towers. It also means that troops can be used as part of the main force to attack an enemy player who is N/S of your position without having to kill the Adv Guard towers first.

This could be interesting if one player puts $$$ into getting the centre tech, but then gets counter attacked by an early enemy force.

So I updated it to where I took the SAM sites off the cliff edges (so the Southern bases can now have air units within their own air spaces. I took some Tiberium out so infantry can move throughout the map without getting attacked by the AGT's. Also, the AI would be really aggressive, so I set that prod trigger to activate after 150 time units as this gives the player enough time to take out the AGT's and secure the area before the AI starts to go after the most northwestern player. I don't know if you want me to attach the files again, but I am going to anyways just in case.

MapImage.jpg.ee6fae79cbb90223859d39fb767d844d.jpg

scm190ea.ini

scm190ea.bin

Hmm. Now, two things. Too much trees might not show up or lag/crash the game, since 'terrain' items are stored in the .ini. So better use 'template' tiles the impassable rocks/etc, as those are in the .bin and don't take up additional space. There are also free spaces around the AI buildings where somebody can land and capture, if they get a reveal all crate or an AI rocket soldier fires at one of their helis = vision + kill men + capture.