Tiberium Wars 60fps

reconminicon

• 2 months later...

The SAGE engine is locked at 30 FPS. You can mod the game to increase the cap to 60, but the game speed will double, as someone at EALA (or maybe even Westwood, since the problem is seen in Generals as well) thought it was a good idea to equate game speed with FPS.

You *might* mod it to 60 FPS and then half the game speed in the skirmish menu, but that would still leave the singleplayer campaign screwed up.

The game engine's game logic update / tick rate seems to be aligned with the FPS, so I doubt it's possible.

Uh, oh. What does that mean?!  O_o

So it is like TS/RA2/YR? I don't get what you mean.  XD

Maybey they used the old YR engine!?  :O :huh: :heady:

Yes, Plokite_Wolf, that is exactly how TS, RA2 and YR work.

The FPS is decided by the player with the slowest computer  :)  and I'm usually the one with the faster computer.  :D

Whereas I have to mention that RA2 on "Game Speed" set to 6 has a cap on 59 FPS: http://xwis.net/ra2/prev/pl/siralex/

Game Speed 6 <= 59 FPS

Game speed 5 <= 49 FPS

Game Speed 4 <= 39 FPS

Game Speed 3 <= 29 FPS

Game Speed 2 <= 19 FPS

Game Speed 1 <=  9 FPS

More FPS = faster game

Less FPS = slower game

That's why I wonder if they perhaps reused (parts of) the old YR engine?  O_o

Yes, Plokite_Wolf, that is exactly how TS, RA2 and YR work.

The FPS is decided by the player with the slowest computer  :)  and I'm usually the one with the faster computer.  :D

Whereas I have to mention that RA2 on "Game Speed" set to 6 has a cap on 59 FPS: http://xwis.net/ra2/prev/pl/siralex/

Game Speed 6 <= 59 FPS

Game speed 5 <= 49 FPS

Game Speed 4 <= 39 FPS

Game Speed 3 <= 29 FPS

Game Speed 2 <= 19 FPS

Game Speed 1 <=  9 FPS

More FPS = faster game

Less FPS = slower game

That's why I wonder if they perhaps reused (parts of) the old YR engine?  O_o

lol whats with the one missing FPS, either its being reported wrong or something is eating it away, lol.

I have multiple debug builds of Generals both pre-retail and post.

When Westwood started Generals they did reuse a lot of code, when EA closed WW EALA started replacing things with their own code and standardized for EA code libraries, a lot of WW code is still there, the W3D engine is stripped down, but mostly intact as Westwood had it.

There is infact code that is present in YR all throughout the games, even till RA3, after that point EA started replacing a lot of stuff.

It's not really YR engine code, WW had a massive code library that was constantly expanded and updated, it was built in such a way that is platform and game type (RTS,FPS,space shooter(EnB), ARPG(Nox)) etc, independent, so that it can and indeed was used for pretty much everything.

The game speed setup is either by design or WW never had a chance to code FPS independent game speed and EA never bothered afterwards