Command & Conquer games with commentary!

AchromicWhite

I watched through Achromic and Ferret's videos Tiberium Dawn, and have a couple questions, mostly about Ferret's play (because Achromic does more explaining himself as he goes);

Ferret (or anyone else knowledgeable in the meta) seems really, really casual about not bothering to build lots of rocket troops to counter Achromic's Ocras --- in one game it seems like a deciding factor in his loss...though in the next, Achromic resigns ~8 minutes in (possibly out of money? I couldn't read the text) despite still having 3-4 Orcas and a couple tanks to Ferret's ~3-4 tanks and troops.

I'm not 100% sure why Ferret didn't go for more rocket troops to defend his base. There was quite a few with his army, but if you go 100% making rocket men, they're easily countered by grenadiers.

Rocket troops have low HP, are VERY slow and 300 each (very expensive for what you get). Some around his most important structures may have at least allowed him to hold on a lot more that game... but if you change your play, who knows what would have happened.

The game against my on Iron Valley where I surrender. Yeah, I'm out of money. In fact, I didn't notice during the game, but if you look at the bottom left tiberium patch (the last patch that I expand my base to), the placement of the 3 helipads and barracks actually cut my harvester off from being able to harvest there and go strait back to the refinery, forcing him to go the VERY long way (that probably hurt me a LOT).

TaxOwlbear!

I know that is not simple thing, but do you think about LP of CNC64?

I'm contemplating on it. To be honest, though, playing an RTS with a controller/no mouse is an absolute pain. I tried to use Project 64 with the NRage plugin to map the joystick to the mouse, but it didn't work.

Christo161 already did one of those, if you're interested :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Christo161/playlists

I'm contemplating on it. To be honest, though, playing an RTS with a controller/no mouse is an absolute pain. I tried to use Project 64 with the NRage plugin to map the joystick to the mouse, but it didn't work.

Really? It's not that hard, from what I remember. You need N-Rage v2 though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmYrGZMeO6k&t=25

Christo161 already did one of those, if you're interested :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Christo161/playlists

Thanks for link.

CNC64 really give new experience, with all these visual effects!

But i see that have problem with windowed mode.

P.S. Without TaxOwlbear replicks when he say "Thanks" word to every unit, it not so exciting  :)