2.65 makes game become all purple and blue

Pix

Question

Hello,

I Installed RA2 and Yuri from my DVD-Rom. It's this version.

I set the compatibility to Win98 to make it run but Yuri kept crashing at seemingly random moments in game. I then tried with a fresh installation the fix suggested here at xwis. The exe didn't start anymore.

Finding this site and installing 2.65 lead to the game being only purple and blue and the horizontal shrunken to the third left part of the screen. If I take a screenshot it caps my desktop and the mouse movement is not always shrunken in the horizontal axis.

What now?

Ps: A nice mammoth smiley you have here :mammoth:

9 answers to this question

well' date=' you tried an English fix on a German game... that's bound to give trouble :huh:[/quote']

That's new to me. I know about problems with Korean signs because some strings are terminated early but English - German is new to me. Nice, thanks.

However it crashes again after a few minutes. Seems like I just was lucky it didn't crash and I'm now back to square one.  :dry:

I have FRAPS.  XD

Many thanks, it appears to have been the reason for the crashes.

Lmao, I am surprised.

Well, glad THAT is solved.

P.S: I recommend DXTory over Fraps. I used fraps since 2007 but DXTory is just much smoother and doesn't crash RA2/YR. I am not sure if it can record YR though, never used fraps nor DXtory for YR, but other games rather.

Are there different executables for each language?  :huh: :huh: :huh:

In RA2/YR?

Wouldn't surprise me. All the previous games did as far as I know. Only Dune II had actual settings-based language switching support.

Don't the language versions of RA2/YR only differ in lang(md).mix and movies(md)XX.mix just to avoid this?