Tiberian Sun Standalone NOCD. There's a Way??

pichorra

Question

Tiberian Sun is now free!, if you're an troll and do not know about that new read in: http://www.cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=791.0

Some Questions: What the difference between the TS Standalone (with forestorm installed) and the Free TS, launched by EA (Fuck up everything, yeah)?

There's a way to install TS with firestorm and aplly and kind of NOCD patch, wihout bugging the firestorm and wihout downloading the TFD patch or the Free TS?

tnx, pic.

8 answers to this question

The one at EA is just copied straight from The First Decade and you had to run registry files to make the game work which caused a lot of confusion.

The one here at C&C Comm. Center automatically installs the registries and everything. Also with a couple extras such as a map editor. Etc.

And the one here at C&C Comm. Center should allow you to be able to run the game without any kind of CD.

There are several ways to play with NoCD

If you have TFD or have downloaded the freeware version

OR

If you have standalone TS you can; 1 move all needed files from CD in to the TS folder

and 2 download either the ETS patch (hyperpatch may also do it but i if you are playing online or lan i wouldnt recomend as there may be problems if every body has different exe) 

OR (if nobody has posted it i can upload it) the new freeware TS exe file

The only real difference between standalone TS and TFD is TFD has a NoCD patch

AND

The only real difference between TFD and freeware TS is freeware TS also doesnt check for serial codes