Will Red Alert 2 work on Windows 10?

Still_naiked

Question

20 answers to this question

Hello, if I were to buy the collection for 5.99 on origin, will it work on Windows 10? I want to get it so that I can download Yuri's revenge since there is no free Red Alert 2 download.

Thanks,

Naiked

Hello,

Yuri's Revenge for the large majority will work on Windows 10. That said, CnCNet can never guarantee it, but to the best of our knowledge the CnCNet YR client fixes most incompatibility issues, and we're always here to help if there's a problem.

If you never get it to work, I believe EA Origin offer a fair refund policy (You'll need to confirm this with EA).

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, so we do not have a confirmation that Red Alert 2 from the ultimate collection pack works on Windows 10 yet?

It works for me personally and a lot of others (using the CnCNet software).

So I buy this and download it from Origin, then come on to Cnc and download Yuri's revenge and it works just fine? Doesn't Yuri's come with the Ultimate Collection on Origin?

Thanks for the reply, so we do not have a confirmation that Red Alert 2 from the ultimate collection pack works on Windows 10 yet?

So I buy this and download it from Origin, then come on to Cnc and download Yuri's revenge and it works just fine? Doesn't Yuri's come with the Ultimate Collection on Origin?

CnCNet extends your Origin installation to install compatibility fixes and Skirmish/Online play.

YR works for me on W10. The only issue I have is that I can't open the menu while in-game. You can change it so that works, but then you can't alt tab.

I just use an old machine to play this game instead.

So you got the Ultimate Collection and downloaded Yuris on CnC and it works for you on Windows 10?

CnCNet extends your Origin installation to install compatibility fixes and Skirmish/Online play.

Ahhh okay, well I think I am going to go for it. And pray that it works. I will be in touch with you Grant if I have any issues for help. I appreciate your time. By the way if we can get this to work I stream on twitch so it would be great advertising for the game.

Ahhh okay, well I think I am going to go for it. And pray that it works. I will be in touch with you Grant if I have any issues for help. I appreciate your time. By the way if we can get this to work I stream on twitch so it would be great advertising for the game.

A lot of users online are running 7, 8 or Windows 10,  even a small margin on XP. Any problems you can ask us.

Even if that fails, I believe EA Origin offer refunds if you can't get the game to work.

Okay with everything said above i found two downloads one for the orginal RA2 and the original yuris revenge then i found a compatibility fix i uninstalled my origin version and installed these it works fine, here are the download links and video to help you.

RA2: http://xwis.net/downloads/Red-Alert-2-Multiplayer.exe

Yuri's Revenge: http://xwis.net/downloads/Yuris-Revenge-Multiplayer.exe

Compatibility Fix: http://www.mediafire.com/file/x3p4x2ambdzlzn7/Compatibility_Patch.zip

There is a soundtrack aswell but i found you dont need it, so dont download it, these downloads are also in the description of this video.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjEwtfQrGzY&t=35s

what about installing ra2 on windows 10 machine with the original discs from back in the day??? i can get the install screen to come up but then it wont install

You're out of luck there. Windows 10 permanently gutted the DRM system used by these games, so I'm not sure there's any way to do it.

You're out of luck there. Windows 10 permanently gutted the DRM system used by these games, so I'm not sure there's any way to do it.

It's nothing to do with DRM. I re-enabled SafeDisc on my Windows 10 laptop, and I can run TS and YR installers, but not RA2.

The only way to install RA2/YR from the discs, without downgrading to an earlier OS or purchasing TFD/TUC, is here: http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/19497-original-ra2yr-cds-vs-windows-10/?p=225594