Have a problem concerning C&C Tiberian sun

Orourke

Question

Hi. Recently i've installed C&C TS and its not working properly. On a fastest speed it's works slowly don't know what is seems to be a o problem.

I tried to reinstall the game with "run as adminstrator"  function and compatibility for windows XP/98/me tried to run the game, but in this case this what appears "One or more dll files missing or damaged. Please reinstall" and the game won't start at all :S. How to solve this problem ? is there any patch for Vista?

Thx beforehand!!

16 answers to this question

What about trying to run it normally? TS gives out that message when it first tries to start on newer systems. It's a weird bug, but TS does work on Vista and 7 perfectly, however some PC's have problems running TS properly (lag) due to how TS was made and the components inside the PC.

Yeah, it works with out "Rum as Admin" option, but for some reason it works very slowly, i mean on the fastest speed settings when u produce more building and army units the game begin to lag significantly at the limit when it is imposible to play. I got HP 2.0 GHZ, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA 9600. The other games work fine no lag(starcraft broodwar,warcraft3).

I got the same video card as you (NVIDIA GeForce 9600M) and TS runs really slowly on my computer. There is nothing you can do besides trying a different PC. TS and that video card don't go together.

Why unistall Vista? you have other alternatives and thats the stupid option. Why are people so determin to give up with Windows Vista, it realy anoys me people blame Vista before trying any thing else and it is just becasue microsoft started putting nails in to its coffin since day one. :ranting: Any ways im here to help...

There are other possible fixes like the Draw.dll (drop it in to your TS folder might not work, but ive never had a problem where ive needed it)

Compatablity mode (it works,....Yea it Realy does), Run as Admin And That video card has problems with the game on multiple operating Systems so dont complain if it doesnt work So i would strongly recoment trying running TS using a Win XP emulator before you install it.

I think my Vista has a conflict with TS,  i'll try to install XP and see what happens.

I'm sorry to say that effort may be in vain, your graphics card is the problem, NOT Vista.

There are other possible fixes like the Draw.dll (drop it in to your TS folder might not work, but ive never had a problem where ive needed it)

This doesn't work with the NVIDIA GeForce 9600M.

You can try VMWare XP Mode, Since it Virtualizates a Graphical Card using your graphical RAM.

It runs in Windows Vista and Windows 7 Wihout needing the hardware virtualization support (if you uses WIndows Vista, you will need a WIndows XP CD), but obviously, that does not have the same "Virtualization power" that the official XP Mode.

Operational Systems i have tested:

Windows XP (Using as Windows XP Mode) - Fine, All VMware Tweaks working, I Runs Dune2000 Wihout the Screen Issue Buggy on that  :)

Windows 2000 - FIne: Like XP

Windows 98SE: Fine, Does not have the same tools of the XP, but it runs fine.

you can find a tuto here: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/10911/run-xp-mode-on-windows-7-machines-without-hardware-virtualization/

The only difference you will get is, You will need to install Windows XP Like a Real Machine, using cd. after that, you can "Enter Unity" like the tuto shows.

<s>http://www.oldblivion.com/index.php

Here you can find a "Video card Emulator", because it takes the job of the videocard into your processor. remember, i dont test it, but, if it uses the same code in the Microsoft VirtualPC 2007, i think you will not get problems, since i uses a P4 and it emulates a Trio32/64 4MB, and i already played TS in a Trio64V+ 2MB, it not will be 100%, but, i think it can bypass. your problem<s/>

This is only for oblivion game, and i think it is only for it. i still think the better solution is uses VMWare or VirtualBox. OR upgrade to windows 7 and download the official XP Mode