Request to admins about TS/FinalSun

Holland

There have been great updates for making multiplayer maps for TS like the Spawn owners, the text triggers and the auto ally. Thank you guys for that so much! We have made special maps like missions, compstomps, tower defenses, and race-maps. Now there is just one more thing that probably could be fixed too, which will create an opening for maps that create entire new gameplays:

So you guys created the House list for multiplayers: 50=Spawn1 etc. So I wonder if it would also be possible/easy enough - to create a list like that in the Event section of triggers. (Entered by.. , Spied upon.. , zone entry by.. etc) At the moment there is only choice from: GDI, Nod, Special, Neutral, and 'Any unit'  (-1), which is still meant for single player and besides the "all units" (-1), its not convenient for multiplayer gaming. I'm not a programmer but I do think it shouldn't be very hard to create this option

So you can imagine, if we could enter a Multiplayer house as a Parameter in the event "Entered by..", A whole new world of new ideas could be made! People would make very special maps (Me and Ptapiok for sure!) like capture the flag, race maps, puzzle maps, mazes, board games, maybe even card games, gamble games, chess games, rpg games etc !!!

If you think about it, this game would literally expand enormously and i'm sure it will attract more players!

And that only if this small option could be created!

Yeah we can add that to the game EXE. Which triggers specifically? I added the Spawn thing to TS game exe.

Are you guys using some modified FinalSun (or FinalSun INI file) that adds those houses? I forgot how Bittah_Commander and Aro are using it for their mods.

EDIT: BTW you can also do reinforcements with Spawn houses and the Change_House trigger. Rampa added a new Give_Credits action, it's number 105 in the triggers ID list. First parameter is houe to give to (support Spawn houses) and the second parameter is the amount to give.

And you can also add extra text strings to maps (the text that you can display with map triggers in the top left), in case you don't know and if it wasn't already possible in TS.

https://github.com/CnCNet/ts-patches/blob/master/src/trigger_actions_extended.asm

https://github.com/CnCNet/ts-patches/blob/master/src/reinforcements_player_specific.asm

Thats awesome Iran!

Yes we added this inside of StdMapTS.ini in the FinalSun folder!:

[Houses]
0=GDI
1=Nod
2=Neutral
3=Special
50=Spawn1
51=Spawn2
52=Spawn3
53=Spawn4
54=Spawn5
55=Spawn6
56=Spawn7
57=Spawn8

These will also appear in the "1 Entered by...", but all the spawn houses don't work. It would be awesome if you could make them work, so its about these events:

• 1 Entered by...
  • 2 Spied upon
  • 4 Discovered by player
  • 9 Destroyed, Units, All...
  • 10 Destroyed, Buildings, All...
  • 11 Destroyed, All...
  • 25 Crosses Horizontal Line...
  • 26 Crosses Vertical Line...
  • 30 Low Power...
  • 44 Attacked by (house)...
  • 53 Player under EMP effect

These are basically the ones that need to be fixed for Spawn houses, cuz they dont work yet. Tho it would even be amazing if only the trigger event '1 Entered by..' will work for spawn houses by itself.

And also I understand that the trigger's house has to belong to Neutral or the trigger won't work at all. But if we can have the Spawn houses list available for the Owner of the trigger, then all events could be completely used on multiplayer. But I remember funky saying it prevents crashes, but this is not very significant to me, i just wanted to mention  :roll:

I didnt know about the Give_credits action, that is amazing. I took a look in final sun, and it says number 105 is "Displays talk bubble over unit", with only a single parameter. So i'm not sure if its also for TS.

Don't know about the triggerer house Neutral stuff thing.

Rampastring and Bittah_Commander know more about the Give_Credits action thing, they added it for Dawn of the Tiberium Age.

I'll take a look at those events, could you make me a test map?

Ok Iran. so i tested just a few of them in this test map. Its very clear that the spawn houses don't work for any event. Map file attached in this message. These are the results:

11 Entered by...              ; will crash if event parameter is one of the spawn location

4 Discovered by player    ;  this event does not work at all even with a standard house   

25 Crosses Horizontal Line...  ; will crash like just like Entered By

30 Low Power...          ; this even appears to be the same as "any event", it will always fire no matter what.

44 Attacked by (house)... ; Does not crash but just doesn't work when event's parameter is a spawn house, does work with standard house.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/12/2017 at 8:28 AM, dkeeton said:

Hey Holland, we're looking in to this at the moment.

We might need to do some thorough testing to make sure we haven't broke any other stuff.

Can you join discord some time to test?

Awesome dkeeton!

Ok, im very happy to test. I get online usually around 7-9 pm, and in the weekends random times

(-06:00 Central Time)

Btw, I've added 3 new trigger actions to the game, Give Credits, and Enable/Disable Short Game. To make them usable in FinalSun, add the following code to FSData.ini's [Actions] section:

106=Give Credits...,0,2,5,0,0,0,0,0,0,Give credits to a specific house.,1,0,106
107=Enable Short Game...,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Enables the Short Game option. Will NOT automatically kill players that have no buildings when this is enabled.,1,0,107
108=Disable Short Game...,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Disables the Short Game option.,1,0,108

Wow Rampastring, you did it! This will make so many maps more interesting. Especially my race map! Get credits for every lap! AMAZING.  or with a text trigger  on towerdefensive maps: EVERY PLAYER RECEIVED 5000$.

i will let my imagination go on the short game trigger. I wonder Rampastring, if you could do the same for Multifactory

5 hours ago, Holland said:

i will let my imagination go on the short game trigger. I wonder Rampastring, if you could do the same for Multifactory

The Short Game toggle is mainly useful for co-op missions (like some of the ones we have in DTA, if you're aware of it).

The multi-factory bonus isn't a similar game option, but I guess it'd be possible to write a trigger action for it. What would you use it for, though?

49 minutes ago, Rampastring said:

The Short Game toggle is mainly useful for co-op missions (like some of the ones we have in DTA, if you're aware of it).

The multi-factory bonus isn't a similar game option, but I guess it'd be possible to write a trigger action for it. What would you use it for, though?

I'd be using it for map named "All vs player 1", Spawn1 gets a massive base after 7 minuts. I've been struggling with finding the right balance for it,  but if i can turn on multi factory with a second timer, then it would take out the imbalance!

Second I will use it for mission maps and towerdefense maps, together with Give Credits, Multi factory would be a great reward!

9 hours ago, Rampastring said:

Btw, I've added 3 new trigger actions to the game, Give Credits, and Enable/Disable Short Game. To make them usable in FinalSun, add the following code to FSData.ini's [Actions] section:

106=Give Credits...,0,2,5,0,0,0,0,0,0,Give credits to a specific house.,1,0,106
107=Enable Short Game...,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Enables the Short Game option. Will NOT automatically kill players that have no buildings when this is enabled.,1,0,107
108=Disable Short Game...,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Disables the Short Game option.,1,0,108

Hey Rampastring, I tested these but i can't get them to work. Have you tested it on tiberian sun?

Edited by Holland

I've tested them on DTA and they work there. The TS spawner also contains the code. Maybe some of its additions (related to anticheat etc.) are breaking the actions?

The Short Game actions are also quite new, so it's possible that Funky hasn't updated the TS spawner to contain them yet.

Edited by Rampastring

It all works Rampastring!!! xme gave me the new ts-spawn.exe

sooo awesome!!! I'm very exicited, I made a list of all the stuff thats working:

• Place ready building HOTKEY
  • build previous structure  HOTKEY
  • Request to controll allie's units HOTKEY
  • Enable short game TRIGGER ACTION
  • Give Credits TRIGGER ACTION
  • SPAWN LOCATIONS FOR TRIGGER EVENTS!!!
  • TRIGGERS CAN BE OWNED BY SPAWNS!!
  • Fake Houses 4 to 49

oTHER NEW STUFF:

• shft+1 will now add units to team
  • no need to hold alt to rally point a building
  • harvesters will harvest when told to guard
  • harvesters will come out of war factory in guard mode
  • info panel can be toggled fully off
  • no more cheating veterancy by killing your own units or allies units
  • you can add an entry under [Options] in SUN.INI that will force you to hold alt to undeploy art/ticks/mcv. [Options] MoveToUndeploy=No
  •  double-tap team number to center team

All you guys are so amazing to do all of this for us! Can't wait till all of this is being uploaded

• 7 months later...

@Rampastring @dkeetonSo i'm hoping to resolve the issue with the event "Credits exceed..."  it's very buggy. I've been doing tests all day with all kinds of different value's. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. no matter using the "give credits" action, start money,, anything.. its just.. " sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt". Help would be greatly appreciated

Anyway, in final sun's FS Data, its listed like this (events):

12=Credits exceed...,0,6,0,0,Triggers when the house (for this trigger) credit total exceeds this specified amount.,1,1,12

• 7 months later...

Hey admins! I have another request, this will be really cool cuz we have some new cool fun made radars uploaded, and I had an idea to create the reshroud building like in ra2, where your base gets covered in with fog for your enemy's!

I just need your help @Rampastring , In Final sun the trigger action "101 Reshroud Map At... "   Doesn't work at all. 

perhaps some numbers need to be changed? It would be really cool if u wanna spend time on this..

101=Reshroud Map At...,0,30,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Does an anti-map ping at waypoint specified.,1,1,101