Constructing a Powerplant causes problems

cncwarlord

I have my cnc generals zero hours updated to 1.04, installed the latest version of the mod, but whenever I play it, as soon as I build a powerplant, the game stops rendering whenever the powerplant is in sight, could this have to do with the fact that i'm running windows 7 64 bit? or is the game not compatable with the Nvidia Gforce 310m graphics card I have perhaps?

I've never heard that graphics card before but I know that TDR works just fine on Windows 7 64-bit.

What I would try first is play the game at lowest settings. You can turn the graphics down to the lowest when you start the game through the launcher.

I've tried the lowest graphics settings, as well as putting the game in compatibility mode for Windows XP sp2-3, and Vista, none of which helped. Its a very strange problem I've never encountered with command and conquer before.

• 3 weeks later...

Turning shader 2.0 off doesn't make a difference, I've made sure that my drivers are fully updated, as well as updated all games in my TFD to there newest versions respectively, this isn't an issue of graphics settings. My graphics card the 310m is a fully capable graphics card, though it isnt the most powerful.

The cards specs are as follows

Manufacturer NVIDIA

Series GeForce 310M

Codename N11M-GE1

Pipelines 16 - unified

Core Speed * 625 MHz

Shader Speed * 1530 MHz

Memory Speed * 800 MHz

Memory Bus Width 64 Bit

Memory Type GDDR3, DDR3

Max. Amount of Memory 512 MB

Shared Memory no

DirectX DirectX 10.1, Shader 4.1

technology 40 nm

Features DirectX Compute Support (Windows 7), CUDA, OpenCL, OpenGL 2.1, HybridPower

I really would like to get this mod to work, if theres any information i can provide such as error reports or things of this nature I'd be glad to help.

I didnt install any mods before this, so there isnt a possibilty for conflicting mods. I dont know the exact names of the files i could need, but if there are any that you need,tell me and I'll do what I can.

Have you updated the drivers for your graphics card?

I've made sure that my drivers are fully updated, as well as updated all games in my TFD to there newest versions respectively, this isn't an issue of graphics settings.

Saving your time, cncwarlord

Except that his post is from June 4th and the latest Nvidia driver was released June 15th...

Edit: I'm blind! However he didn't mention DirectX which also could be an issue.

This is a strange issue, your installation may have been corrupted somehow. Have you tried uninstalling Zero Hour, deleting the ZH folder (not the documents folder) and then reinstalling ZH and TDR? If this doesn't solve it then I don't know what else to do.

It's strange that it doesn't work for you though, I use Windows 7 64-bit and everything works fine for me.

• 7 years later...