Which tank has the highest damage output? Light, medium or heavy?

NDiaz

Yo guys,

I did some .ini file research on tanks, but the numbers don't clearly show which tank does the most damage over time. Is it a simple maths calculation, or does the rate of fire follow a non-linear scale?

; light tank

Damage=25

ROF=40

Range=4

; medium tank

Damage=30

ROF=50

Range=4.75

; heavy tank

Damage=30 (x2)

ROF=70

Range=4.75

There are some earlier topics about this. It is important to realize, not only damage output. But also durability of an unit.

https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=5696.msg42203#msg42203

The above topic reminds players that a medium tank is simply twice as good, when facing tesla coils. However, any other form of combat suggests light tanks.

And for something really cool, check out these calculations:

https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=3216.msg22398#msg22398

There are some earlier topics about this. It is important to realize, not only damage output. But also durability of an unit.

https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=5696.msg42203#msg42203

The above topic reminds players that a medium tank is simply twice as good, when facing tesla coils. However, any other form of combat suggests light tanks.

And for something really cool, check out these calculations:

https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=3216.msg22398#msg22398

Interesting stuff thanks! In that tank comparison table, France has the strongest tanks, so why does everyone prefer Germany?

So I ran an AI test pitting England, France and Spain against Germany with 1 stationary medium tank each. Here's the results for damage done:

1. Germany

2. Spain

3. England

4. France

So in first place is Germany! The German tank killed all of the others without dying. It's also arguable that Spain are the strongest, because when their tank was destroyed a man appeared and destroyed the German tank! This however seems to be random, because in multiple tests a man didn't always appear for Spain, and sometimes for England but never for Germany. I couldn't see a value to control this randomness in the .ini file, just either crewed or not.

So in conclusion, it seems that the cncnet version has changed the tank values a bit, making Germany marginally the strongest for damage output.

And as for damage output for each tank, the heavy tank comes out on top, followed by light then medium.

But in a tank fight it's still unclear because there are a lot of variables to account for. Assuming an equal number of tanks (ignoring any build speed/economy advantage), when you factor in speed + splash damage + range + rate of fire + damage done per shot + durability, which tank is stronger? Is it even testable?

All allies countries are 100% the same on cncnet 5

In the original game germany was by far the best, second was france i think and last england. (the other countries are not available in the original game)

The bug happened because all countries were supposed to get a 10% bonus, but england and france had the bonus applied in a negative way -10%

I think when you do such tests on cncnet then always one tank survives, unless you use a scripted map where tanks attack each other using triggers, then it might be possible that both will die at the same time sometimes (there are some random things going on too, so it will not always happen)

11/10 < 10/9

Is that what you mean Funky?

It is funny how France is supposed to be better, according to the numbers. But Germany still is better.

Could it be the first shot damage?

Or has using the hotkey Q something to do with it all? How is the splash damage calculated? I am curious about that one. Maybe France is weaker and Germany is stronger according to rounding to whole numbers?? If that is done any way?

Dividing by 2, gives 15 and 17 damage. Which is 13,3% in difference in damage.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...