CloseCombat Map

MapDesigner

Hello,

Why I created the map and how got the idea:

I always liked when enemy bases are close to each other and to build sentry guns to destroy enemy base, i.e. maps like east vs best but as FFA and not 3 vs 3 (but I never captured enemy construction yards with engineers for an actual battle instead). sometimes I play it as 2 vs 4 (me + easy in the middle bases and the other 4 brutal ai's)

I created this map, Close Combat,  as the ultimate close battle in my eye.

Features:

1. Start at position 1 and you will be surrounded by 6 other bases (3 from the right and 3 from the left)
  2. there are plenty of Tech oil derricks and other neutral buildings to capture and give you a head start
  3. there is more ore to the north than there is in the other sides
  4. there is a base, position 2, with lot of gem for the enemy to take. this should be the hardest enemy because he will have a lot of gold (I make him russia)
  5. most bases can be fully or partially assaulted from basic naval units (Allied destroyer); i.e. there is water close to each base and all bases can construct a shipyard.
  6. there are other islands that can give you other benefits
  7. there is spy satelite and tech airport near you if you choose to start at position 1 (which you should :P)

Suggested set ups vs humans or AI

1. you can try FFA vs humans
  2. try out FFA once vs AI just to check map
  3. Try 3 vs 5 all brutal: start at position 1, and make your ally start at postions 4 and 7.
  4. Try 3 vs 5 but make your allies Easy this time and your enemy still brutal ?
  5. When you feel strong enough, try out 1 vs 7 (hint: maybe choosing France is best for the map)
  6. Map should work for Yuri's revenge, but im not sure if it does work for Red Alert 2 without the expansion (I think it does not(

what do you think? do you the like the map? do you have any suggestions? How do you think I must refine the map for its purpose? are there particular changes in your mind? feel free to leave any constructive feed back; be position please!

Thanks all!

zclosecombat019.yrm

zmap007.yrm

Edited by MapDesigner

• 9 months later...

Welcome!

Good you are here.

Frequency wrote a lot of tutorials about how to make a decent map.

My main critics : Not made for multiplayer (I don't play vs. AI, so this map is nothing for me)

No details in the terrain (much of LAT tiles) - which makes it boring and a bit ugly.

Don't take this too serious - I'm sure your next map will be better!

Thanks for this anyways!

Edited by dirtybob
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, dirtybob said:

Welcome!

Good you are here.

Frequency wrote a lot of tutorials about how to make a decent map.

My main critics : Not made for multiplayer (I don't play vs. AI, so this map is nothing for me)

No details in the terrain (much of LAT tiles) - which makes it boring and a bit ugly.

Don't take this too serious - I'm sure your next map will be better!

Thanks for this anyways!

even multiplayer you can play close combat game :S (but for 7 players and the last one is empty space)

4 hours ago, dirtybob said:

well, uh..not in my opinion.

extra small has no ore, so all spots are balanced in that way. it has also no position where a single player has advantage etc.etc.

alright,

so I will have to re-arrange the ore fields so that its equally distributed.

just wanted to say, that I dont like maps to be exact mirrors of each other. I rather have the map slightly different at each side (but Also I wouldnt want to make one side have complete advantage over the other, but rather mixture)

Tell me when you like the update ;)

Fair maps don't have to be mirrored maps ?

Anyways there are also some decent "unfair" maps, which are designed like 1vs2 or 2vs3. This map looks a bit like 1vs7, which is too much for a human to take, maybe it would work vs. AI, dunno.

You should try your map in cncnet to get direct feedback.

• Upvote 1