Help needed in custom maps

Lucifer_MS

Hello ! 

So, i've been into this nasty bug in custom maps and can't think of a solution for it ! in some cases the units are stuck on the field, you can't move them ! specially if something was being killed in that location, you will not be able to move and units became stuck ! 

this mainly happens in survival maps with me. 

I though it was smudges and i did a clear smudge repeating trigger in final alert 2 but it did not solve it. 

any thoughts ?

You need to enter framework mode in the map editor (Final Alert 2) and go over the cliffs and ramps, the pink line that's visible on the cliff edges at the top of the cliffs must connect from start to end of a cliff (unless it goes out of map bounds on both ends, which is fine). Also, any ramp tiles that are out of place will cause bugs with pathfinding logic, resulting in units getting 'stuck'.

posted image

Final Alert 2 toolbar, the right most icon resembling a multi coloured cube represents the framework mode. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/12/2017 at 4:23 PM, FReQuEnZy said:

You need to enter framework mode in the map editor (Final Alert 2) and go over the cliffs and ramps, the pink line that's visible on the cliff edges at the top of the cliffs must connect from start to end of a cliff (unless it goes out of map bounds on both ends, which is fine). Also, any ramp tiles that are out of place will cause bugs with pathfinding logic, resulting in units getting 'stuck'.

posted image

Final Alert 2 toolbar, the right most icon resembling a multi coloured cube represents the framework mode. 

yeah i found the pink line disconnected on 2 slopes of the map, still i have no idea how to fix them, am still new to this so am practicing on existing maps. will try to redraw the slope from scratch and see what happens