Red Alert Problems

czwhat

This is a weird issue, have you tried downloading it again? The installer might have been corrupted.

I downloaded the game off this site is there any other files I need to make it run?

No.

By the way use the edit button if you forget something in a post, do not make multiple consecutive posts.

Edit: Have you tried updating your graphics drivers and DirectX?

Ah, this issue. For some strange reason FullRA requires you to have a CD in your drive to play. It doesn't have to be a RA CD, it can be any CD even a blank one or StarCraft for that matter. Try putting a CD in your drive and see if it works ;)

I allready tried that and still get the same errors. Its the LCF file to be renamed right?

Ehh... you CAN'T get the same errors if you renamed the lcf files correctly.

Simply delete the current RA95.lcf, and rename the included _RA95.lcf to RA95.lcf. That's all. If you open the file in notepad you should see it's an ini file which has a setting which tells it that RA95.dat is the program it needs to execute.

• 1 month later...
:( Everything happened to me as well, first I got the registry and internet components error, changed the lcf files.. and then the black screen with the distorted menu came up. Windows 7 64 bit. Even worse it somehow deleted my C&C95 files as well which im pretty pissed about. Sigh~

:( Everything happened to me as well, first I got the registry and internet components error, changed the lcf files.. and then the black screen with the distorted menu came up. Windows 7 64 bit. Even worse it somehow deleted my C&C95 files as well which im pretty pissed about. Sigh~

ehm... you did something Wrong, it do not delete any C&C95 Files.

For the wreid colors, read THIS

• 2 months later...