Windows 10 Fall Creators update issues

FunkyFr3sh

Microsoft is spreading their new "Fall Creators" update, unfortunately there are several issues that may prevent you from playing once you have it installed:

Uncontrollable fast mouse cursor. (Red Alert / Tiberian Dawn)

Solutions:

Please re-download the games

Red Alert: https://downloads.cncnet.org/RedAlert1_Online_Installer.exe

Tiberian Dawn: https://downloads.cncnet.org/TiberianDawn_Online_installer.exe

Connections to most CnCNet Servers are not working (resulting in laggy games).  (Red Alert/Tiberian Dawn/Tiberian Sun/Dune 2000)

Solutions:  None yet

Update: A workaround was added, the players that were affected by the bug (non working p2p connections) should be able to play fast games again

Games fail to connect. (Yuri's Revenge/DTA + All games launched from the Quick Match client)

Solutions: None yet

Update: We fixed the bug and the update will be pushed soon

You can delay the update, check google for more info: 

https://www.google.com/search?q=How+to+delay+the+Windows+10+Fall+Creators+Update

• Upvote 1

So ive got this conection isue lately.

i cant update anymore when going online so then it ask me if i want to use the old version.

its aslo saying to adjust my firewal and antivirus settings but i never chamged any of it and it al worked fine 2 weeks ago.

and then it cant connect to the actual game rooms at all.

this window pops up saying somthing about recent windows 10 update 7898-windows-10-fall-creators-update-issues/

and finaly conection test failed make sure cncnet is allowed in anivirus and firewal.

please someone help me and my apoligies for the horrible english.

3 hours ago, kenbeeckmans said:

So ive got this conection isue lately.

i cant update anymore when going online so then it ask me if i want to use the old version.

its aslo saying to adjust my firewal and antivirus settings but i never chamged any of it and it al worked fine 2 weeks ago.

and then it cant connect to the actual game rooms at all.

this window pops up saying somthing about recent windows 10 update 7898-windows-10-fall-creators-update-issues/

and finaly conection test failed make sure cncnet is allowed in anivirus and firewal.

please someone help me and my apoligies for the horrible english.

Do you have windows 10? Was there a bigger windows update recently?

You are the first one reporting such a problem yet, I don't know about any solution. Did you try to run CnCNet as admin once? (This could bypass the firewall)

2 hours ago, kenbeeckmans said:

im not realy good at computer stuff so when you say start up as an admin what do you mean by that haha and more so how do i do it?

yeah it whas all working fine a week ago

On your desktop there is a icon (the one you always use to start the game), right click it and choose run as administrator

so the admin option is a no go.

and without firewall on still doesent update either.

so freakin frustrating haha.

played this game when i whas like 10 (20 years ago)]

finaly got back  into it.

went fine for like a month and then freakin windows 10  fall update and its all gone to S.......

but thanks for the options anyway guys.

keep them coming tho still want to  fix it.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2018/3/10 at 3:43 AM, FunkyFr3sh said:

Uncontrollable fast mouse cursor. (Red Alert / Tiberian Dawn)

This should be fixed now, if someone wants to try the test version -> here it is:

Will update all installers soon

Regrettably , i am not allowed to install this program as my computer has broken down , as for me to update my Windows 10 ,i am trying to unlock it , there is no way to make it work , 

Edited by Dogerty

4 hours ago, Dogerty said:

Regrettably , i am not allowed to install this program as my computer has broken down , as for me to update my Windows 10 , there is no way to make it work , 

All installers were updated and are working perfectly now on windows 10 Fall Creators, except the Tiberian Dawn Single Player installer. Is that the one you were trying?