(Wht)Zodiac - 2v2

AchromicWhite

Inspired by Manu's fantastic map, Circle of Death, I bring you; Zodiac

Key differences include;
-Tiberium used as contention points (Those who expand will reap benefit)
-Terrain to skirmish around in the centre (A DOUNUT ROCK!)
-Sandbags to help you to expand in the direction you choose to (Gives you an idea where you've started)
-No single large tiberium fields (Will help harvesters to path better)
-No paths blocked by tiberium (Troops can go where they like)
-No back doors into tiberium fields (but with more open fronts to the fields)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: 24/12/17

-Added Blossom Trees
-Extended Tiberium fields in the 4 corners of the map, right out to the very edges.

(Wht)Zodiac.ini

(Wht)Zodiac.bin

posted image

Edited by AchromicWhite
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it sounds like it's suffering from the same issue as Circle Of Death. Circle of Death just also have the patch that ran up the side... but because it was in such a long block, the harvesters go for longer and longer trips (looks fine to the untrained eye, but actually messes up your econ).

Yeah, I was aware that there wasn't a LOT of reason to be in the middle... but it's the fastest direct attack route. So, if you fight for resources, you'll have 2 battles, top and bottom, and if you rush forward, you'll have a big engagement either at the front of their base, or if they come out to meet you, you'll skirmish back and forth around the rock.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, the outcome is you're both silly and immature, in different ways but still managing to complement each other quite well. Even funnier how someone who's supposed to be above it all still gets dragged down. Good job, White, you're grade A troll-food now, and have been for a while, because of the way you react. Change your nick to AchromicWhine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm well aware of my "working into it", but I had to walk down here to show this dude his reflection.

It's been an interesting "ride"

... he's still at it, but...

I guess I could just start ignoring him... but then it looks like I'm just backing down. So what do you do?
Also, please don't feed him. Interestingly, I was aware of your stance before you wrote that. Isn't it funny how you can see the unsaid, even online.
Like, when it happens in person we say things like; you could cut the air with a knife etc. It's a feeling that ends up attributed to the room, yet it's even here, in a virtual space.

• Confused 1

So I don't have to put up with you being fake anymore?
Or does this mean that instead of being 'nice' and fake, you'll be 'nasty' and fake?
I actually don't even know what you mean.

And yeah, if you like, go around telling people that someone's racist and try to get them banned when you know full well that they're NO danger to the community, while everyone (including the person you tried to get banned) knows that you are in fact a major issue... to the point that the entire forum is difficult to use for discussion, then just be aware that some humour probably wont be enough for them to change their mind about you.

• Confused 1

• 5 months later...

Is it possible to get an edit of Zodiac to accomidate 6 people or is it only for 4? Because 3v3 is a big thing at 6pm GMT. The map plays like a dream would be good to have a 6 player version !!

Just a request from me and others that like your map. (The design might now allow for 3v3 might not be compatible but worth an ask)

Edited by chem
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2018 at 10:03 AM, chem said:

Is it possible to get an edit of Zodiac to accomidate 6 people or is it only for 4? Because 3v3 is a big thing at 6pm GMT. The map plays like a dream would be good to have a 6 player version !!

Just a request from me and others that like your map. (The design might now allow for 3v3 might not be compatible but worth an ask)

Yeah, I think I'd have to redesign it from the bottom up, for a 3v3. Even just the amount of resources, I think, would be an issue. There might not even be quite enough for 2v2, tbh.

The design, regarding expanding, is that you can choose between the middle or the edges... so I think it'd just throw it off.

I could look into making a 3v3 map, but I think I'd have to come up with something pretty different.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, AchromicWhite said:

Yeah, I think I'd have to redesign it from the bottom up, for a 3v3. Even just the amount of resources, I think, would be an issue. There might not even be quite enough for 2v2, tbh.

The design, regarding expanding, is that you can choose between the middle or the edges... so I think it'd just throw it off.

I could look into making a 3v3 map, but I think I'd have to come up with something pretty different.

DAMN OK THANKS FOR THE REPLIES, ME PHD PENCE AND SOME OF THE HIGHER SKILLED GUYS HAVE BEEN GETTING SOME GOOD USE OUT OF IT! THANKS FOR MAKING IT, LOVE THE WAY THE MONEY ECONOMY BASE AND UNITS ALL FLOW SO WELL ON THAT MAP

Edited by chem
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...