Red Alert 2:YR AI improvement mod (Update!! 1.21.06.22) Compatible with CNC client now

TK3600

not only the AI editor, but the script editor/team editor, and the AI trigger disabling/enabling features, and ability to turn off that stupid vanilla global AI. plus you can ini edit yourself some debug tools and also reload the map without rebooting the game. ive built dozens of AI's for skirmish and campaign maps from the ground up for both RA2 and TS like this.

On 6/29/2021 at 4:45 PM, McPwny said:

not only the AI editor, but the script editor/team editor, and the AI trigger disabling/enabling features, and ability to turn off that stupid vanilla global AI. plus you can ini edit yourself some debug tools and also reload the map without rebooting the game. ive built dozens of AI's for skirmish and campaign maps from the ground up for both RA2 and TS like this.

Oh, so you have AI made too. I wonder whose AI is better. I think we can learn from each other. I will see if I can convert my AI into your version, and edit the global AI thing you have mentioned.

Edited by TK3600

i usually make AI for maps so i tend to make them specialized as per map theme instead of general purpose like the global ai in ai.ini, but if you want a playable example of my modified AI then the last vanilla campaign map i made "nuclear winter" featured multiple AI that make heavy use of base defense teams, pool teams, and recruitment hierarchies. in an older skirmish map i made which you can play with computers, i made random buildings spawn everywhere and scripted the AI to capture them and use them to build units and attack the enemy. both maps disable global AI and are 100% built from scratch. ill link them below incase you want to look and see

19 hours ago, McPwny said:

i usually make AI for maps so i tend to make them specialized as per map theme instead of general purpose like the global ai in ai.ini, but if you want a playable example of my modified AI then the last vanilla campaign map i made "nuclear winter" featured multiple AI that make heavy use of base defense teams, pool teams, and recruitment hierarchies. in an older skirmish map i made which you can play with computers, i made random buildings spawn everywhere and scripted the AI to capture them and use them to build units and attack the enemy. both maps disable global AI and are 100% built from scratch. ill link them below incase you want to look and see

Your method is much better quality, but I just dont have the energy to make one for every map. That is why I choose the global approach. Besides map specific tailoring, is there extra parameter to tweak?

19 hours ago, McPwny said:

By the way, the map is all I needed to download right?

yeah it is tedious to make campaign maps in general, but anyways its possible to test then port a working skirmish map AI into an AI.ini file, or as i mentioned, into a text file that anyone could insert into any map. if you do try it, just be sure to test on a skirmish map because the game handles skirmish and campaign AI very differently.

its all self contained in the maps and you dont need anything extra. your ai.ini will be ignored by the maps but maby its a good idea to rename your rules.ini file while playing them so your global settings dont interfere with the AI

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 7:03 AM, McPwny said:

its funny bbglas should mention fa2 here because thats actually the fastest way to build an AI; pick an 8 player map, give yourself an invincible superunit and a vehicle that deploys into an invincible spysat/map range psychic sensor, then turn off the global ai triggers under basic and build your own AI from the ground up using fa2's interface. launch the map at max speed and you can see exactly how the AI will behave in a matter of minutes with no effort. as an added perk to doing it this way, with a little renaming you can take your whole AI and port it to a text file and insert it into other maps with the insert ini feature.

have you found a way to make AI reuse their harvestor after losing all ore refinery but rebuild new ones?

no i havent. the harvesters are completely hardcoded and even if you shut the whole entire AI off, it will still try and build them. if you make the AI build them via AI trigger it will build them then immediately strip their team and send them to harvest resulting in the AI building infinity harvesters. you could try forcing the AI to periodically recruit its own harvesters which would reboot their script, but i somehow doubt it will work.

• 3 months later...

Suggestions:

1. AI does not collect crates or decompose new MCVs from the crate to the construction yard.

2. AI does not capture Secret Lab and Tech Outpost.

3. AI will not build a new base near another ore field.

4. I don't think AI repair bridges.

5. AI does not decompose Siege Chopper into a cannon.

6. Please add Dreadnought and Aircraft Carrer in water crates.

Sorry for the English, I'm Slovak.

Edited by patrikkh123

• 1 month later...

ai problems i found

1. they often clog up by bridges

2. v3 launcher & dreadnought missile fly's random across map (not shure about the boomer)

ai mods suggestions

1. destroy surrounding buildings  when building space is to small to make room

2. engineer rebuild bridges (not shure if this one is already in it )

3. build defence around  oil dariks/tech airport ect when captured 

4..bigger hovercraft attack (it's just one now if im correct)

5. ai hunt crates (when found a difrent mcv they build it)

6. ai use yuri prime to attack and sell enemy base 

like  i said not sure if some of those are already in your script.

so far i realy loved your IA's made the game 10 tmes better in my opinion

so keep up the good work i hope your still moding or at least someone else is continuing your work ?

• 10 months later...