Red Alert 2:YR AI improvement mod (Update!! 1.21.06.22) Compatible with CNC client now

TK3600

1 hour ago, TK3600 said:

Try Russian Roullete. I tested on this map and it seemed fine. Does the map you used have water?

Actually yes all 5 maps i tried on had water on them lol, there's no way i could have guessed that was the problem, but anyway i will try again on R.R and let you know how it goes

21 minutes ago, vase070 said:

Actually yes all 5 maps i tried on had water on them lol, there's no way i could have guessed that was the problem, but anyway i will try again on R.R and let you know how it goes

I guess the auto fire dreadnaught and carrier broke it. I read somewhere that sight > 10 will break things. I didn't know that GuardRange > 10 will also break things.

nope still crash, i actually tried to play as soviet but the game crashed the moment i entered the game i tried with every soviet country it all crashed on map start but for allied it crashes after 3-6 mins of gameplay same for yuri so i was thinking maybe i was doing something wrong lol so i reinstalled the entire game tried again and same results 

i might have noticed something the game crashes when im playing as allied the moment i move my camera dont know if it has anything to do with the mod but i wanted to mention that 

6 minutes ago, TK3600 said:

I have tried on a few naval map with AI building dreadnaught and carrier. No crash. Can you describe your problem more specifically or redownload again? Have playing on land only nap prevented crash?

no still crash it crashes with a small windows saying yuri's revenge encountered a problem bla bla and thats it ... i do have cncnet installed to on my game do you think cncnet can cause a prob ? but im not trying to run the mod with the cncnet client i use regular yuri launcher like you said i dont know i can try without cncnet i guess 

6 minutes ago, vase070 said:

no still crash it crashes with a small windows saying yuri's revenge encountered a problem bla bla and thats it ... i do have cncnet installed to on my game do you think cncnet can cause a prob ? but im not trying to run the mod with the cncnet client i use regular yuri launcher like you said i dont know i can try without cncnet i guess 

I tested again with naval map and 7 AI. Whenever AI builds large naval fleet I experience noticeable slow down at speed 6. I have a powerful gaming desktop so it did not crash.  May I ask you to try these things?

1. Play with land only map and see if it stops.

2. Use CNCnet client, as it disables RulesMD.ini, but keeps AI.ini. If it stops it is something in RulesMD.ini.

9 minutes ago, TK3600 said:

I tested again with naval map and 7 AI. Whenever AI builds large naval fleet I experience noticeable slow down at speed 6. I have a powerful gaming desktop so it did not crash.  May I ask you to try these things?

1. Play with land only map and see if it stops.

2. Use CNCnet client, as it disables RulesMD.ini, but keeps AI.ini. If it stops it is something in RulesMD.ini.

new discovery 

1. tried on cncnet client, game does not crash on any map everything runs fine 

2. tried again with normal .exe with the following results: 

i cant play any soviet countrys game crashes right on map start 

i can play allied and yuri now fine on any map before game crashed as soon as i move the camera but i switched from 1920x1080 to 1024x768 res and now no crashes when playing as allied or yuri but i still cant play as soviet :( 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, vase070 said:

new discovery 

1. tried on cncnet client, game does not crash on any map everything runs fine 

2. tried again with normal .exe with the following results: 

i cant play any soviet countrys game crashes right on map start 

i can play allied and yuri now fine on any map before game crashed as soon as i move the camera but i switched from 1920x1080 to 1024x768 res and now no crashes when playing as allied or yuri but i still cant play as soviet :( 

I confirm I get crash as Soviet immediately. The reason I never get crash before is because I test AI with Yuri only, which has its MCV invulnerable. This is very helpful, thanks!

I fixed it! It was caused by me attempting to add custom unit for AI to assist base defense. I played a full game as Soviet. In addition many good changes are made in newest update. Patch note incoming!

Edited by TK3600

1 hour ago, TK3600 said:

I fixed it! It was caused by me attempting to add custom unit for AI to assist base defense. I played a full game as Soviet. In addition many good changes are made in newest update. Patch note incoming!

Yay! cant wait for the new release, btw i forgot to mention i did notice the ai repair destroyed bridges on some maps, funny thing is on arctic circle they were repairing the wrong bridge haha i was playing on spot 1 on A.C and destroyed the bridge right next to me and the ai was trying to fix the bridge on spot 3 witch was not even destroyed to begin with 

Oh and they also still build 3 kirovs at the same time 

Thats all i could notice il test the new version as soon as you release it 

New major update!

1. Fixed a crush caused by experimental AI only unit. I deleted them.

2. AI used 2 demo truck per attack now, but space them enough to not kill each other.

3. Allied AI build 5 grizzlies ASAP to counter early rush.

4. Korea now properly strike on Yuri Construction yard.

5. Changed German tank rush to a more efficient script.

6. Fixed battle fortress leaving base to have passenger.

7. AI build their first base defense way earlier.

8. Allied refinery guard capped to 1 to not impede tank defense production.

9. Separated infantry and tanks in Soviet defense so base defense can produce before factory is made.

10. AI start to prepare team for iron curtain and chronosphere earlier.

11. Prism tank less likely to move in racklessly.

12. Floating disc threat rating went up.

13. Chaos drones will retaliate instead of ignore your tanks intercepting them.

14. Further reduced chance of tanks stuck at regrouping.

15. New scripts! AI may randomly increase attack size. If you are used to build just enough base defense, AI may surprise you. Yes, AI is playing mind games now.

16. Allies may prepare for extra large attack if you have super weapons.

17. Experimental code for French building 2 grand cannon.

18. Naval bombardment will repeat after 1st cycle, in case you survived it by rebuild MCV.

19. Rework on super weapon targeting! Refinery, purifier, cloning vat, industrial plant is considered unlike vanilla!

20. Return of classic engineer flak truck and Ivan flak truck attack, which I accidentally broke before.

Hi thanks for this mod!

So if i see enemy ai pile up a decent size of army before attack, or it tries to send its infantry to garrison the buidlings, does it mean the mod is taking effect?

I havent played a lot of red alert 2 so i dont know the original behavior and what to expect in this mod.

Thanks for your effort!

2 hours ago, pcpcpc said:

Hi thanks for this mod!

So if i see enemy ai pile up a decent size of army before attack, or it tries to send its infantry to garrison the buidlings, does it mean the mod is taking effect?

I havent played a lot of red alert 2 so i dont know the original behavior and what to expect in this mod.

Thanks for your effort!

Yes, I coded both behaviour. Original RA2 you only see like 5 tanks per attack. If I put new AI against old AI it can beat 2 of them reliably(the new medium AI is better than old brutal and 1 new brutal AI beat 2 new medium 80% of times) You can expect experienced players struggle against 5 brutal AI without chessey tactics like blow up bridge. 

Edited by TK3600

On 1/8/2018 at 11:04 PM, TK3600 said:

Yes, I coded both behaviour. Original RA2 you only see like 5 tanks per attack. If I put new AI against old AI it can beat 2 of them reliably(the new medium AI is better than old brutal and 1 new brutal AI beat 2 new medium 80% of times) You can expect experienced players struggle against 5 brutal AI without chessey tactics like blow up bridge. 

this is awesome, thanks for explaining!

This mod should be made known to the entire community, for how much it enhaces the gameplay

7 minutes ago, pcpcpc said:

this is awesome, thanks for explaining!

This mod should be made known to the entire community, for how much it enhaces the gameplay

Actually, the CNCnet team offered to add it in as the new "brutal AI" option. It is under test. Currently it is not compatible with CNCnet client's exe, only original exe is supported. You are welcome to your friends about it! Follow this topic for future updates.

Edited by TK3600

New update:

1. New Scripts: Allied AI may randomly change their attack style to more Mirage focused or Prism tank focused. This makes them less predictable.

2. New Scripts: Germany and Russia will randomly increase their unique attack force to be less predictable.

3. New Scripts: Easy AI Germany and Russia now utilize their special units.

4. AI build up basic defense force ASAP to counter early rush.

5. Iraq now use desolator offensively. For now it is used as a fodder, but I will figure out a way to make them deso bomb.

6. Increased Rhino and Grizzly tank guard range so AI will more eagerly respond to attacks.

7. AI build 2 shipyards.

8. AI will use navy more often.

9. Fixed AI deploy MCV too far away from base.

10. Bug fix: No more invisible AI grand cannon.

11. AI will use force shield even if nuke hit further from center of base.

12. Further reduced chance of AI getting stuck regrouping.

13. Chaos drone will auto retaliate.

14. Drones will respond to tank in range faster.

15. Soviet will garrison battle bunker earlier.

Edited by TK3600

Since this has been broken since the game first came out, I'd like to address the need to improve algorithms for crates. So many times, we pick up crates that are redundant and/or outright unnecessary so I was hoping admins could make tweaks to improve their practicality. If it's possible, please let us know if any of these tweaks are possible to put in place when editing custom maps.

-If the map is already revealed either from a crate or via spy sat, any other crates picked up afterwards will no longer be map reveal until the player loses radar or spy sat.

-No heal if all units and buildings are at full health but increased chances if more and more units and/or buildings have health in the yellow or red

-Increased chances for firepower upgrade but make it so that units like dogs, engineers and spies are no longer eligible for it since they don't benefit in any way

-If it's not too far fetched, make it so that the upgrade crates are more balanced between each team... or each player in 1v1 or FFA. I've played far too many ToE games where the upgrades were so lopsided, it was such a cakewalk for the team that benefited.

-If a player loses an MCV, they have an increased chance to receive a matching MCV from crates. Among other things, this helps to compensate for if a game wrecker deliberately wants to break no rush rules and destroy an opposing player's MCV in hopes of ruining the game.

Edited by PrezSpammer

35 minutes ago, PrezSpammer said:

Since this has been broken since the game first came out, I'd like to address the need to improve algorithms for crates. So many times, we pick up crates that are redundant and/or outright unnecessary so I was hoping admins could make tweaks to improve their practicality. If it's possible, please let us know if any of these tweaks are possible to put in place when editing custom maps.

-If the map is already revealed either from a crate or via spy sat, any other crates picked up afterwards will no longer be map reveal until the player loses radar or spy sat.

-No heal if all units and buildings are at full health but increased chances if more and more units and/or buildings have health in the yellow or red

-Increased chances for firepower upgrade but make it so that units like dogs, engineers and spies are no longer eligible for it since they don't benefit in any way

-If it's not too far fetched, make it so that the upgrade crates are more balanced between each team... or each player in 1v1 or FFA. I've played far too many ToE games where the upgrades were so lopsided, it was such a cakewalk for the team that benefited.

-If a player loses an MCV, they have an increased chance to receive a matching MCV from crates. Among other things, this helps to compensate for if a game wrecker deliberately wants to break no rush rules and destroy an opposing player's MCV in hopes of ruining the game.

Ehh, there is no code for me to modify crate content conditionally. Besides, 1 v 1 is best to disable crate. It is extremely easy to pick up crate due to small sized maps.